White & Case represents emerging companies and investors in a variety of industries with a focus on the technology sector. We are experienced in helping entrepreneurs and young companies successfully navigate the complex legal and business challenges they face. We understand the entrepreneurial mindset and what it takes to build a successful business.
Our lawyers routinely advise on a host of business and legal issues concerning:
- Angel, seed and venture capital financing
- Intellectual property protection and licensing
- Venture loans
- Working effectively with investors
- Joint ventures and other key business transactions
We provide strategic advice that is critical to the success of our emerging company clients. We partner with our clients to help them achieve their goals by providing practical, business-oriented legal advice and strategies.
Lawyers in our global network are located in the markets that attract innovation and emerging companies, including New York, Silicon Valley Southern California, London, Berlin, Beijing and Shanghai. We have a proud history of identifying opportunities and locating offices in markets before other law firms. When the Berlin Wall fell, White & Case saw the opportunity and moved quickly to open offices in Budapest, Warsaw, Moscow and Prague. While many of our clients focus initially on their home markets, we have the experience and capabilities to help them expand beyond those markets as their businesses grow. In fact, the chances are that wherever your business takes you, we are already there and have the knowledge, experience and contacts to help you succeed.
Why White & Case?
Many lawyers and law firms are competing for your business. We view our work with clients raising seed financing, forming their companies, or determining how to initially protect and profit from their innovations as our investment in you. Accordingly, we price our initial work to allow emerging companies to "emerge" without incurring significant legal fees. We also know from experience that getting things right in the beginning produces clear benefits and saves expenses in the future. Accordingly, we assign lawyers with appropriate seniority and expertise to each project.
What We Offer Emerging Companies and Their Investors
- An understanding of all phases in the start-up life cycle from the initial concept to formation, raising angel, seed and venture financing, through exit, with hands-on guidance through each phase
- A commitment to building a long-term relationship
- A primary relationship contact to ensure delivery of the same level of service that our clients, both big and small, expect from White & Case
- Adapting existing forms and templates rather than reinventing the wheel to address issues that arise on a routine basis
- Strategic advice and problem solving that is both local and global
- Right-sized staffing model: Matters are staffed as efficiently as possible to effectively address a particular matter
- Communications and Media
- Consumer Products
- Environmental/Climate Change
- Financial Services
- Life Sciences
- Medical Devices
- Beverage and Supplements
Emerging Companies Brochure
Click here to download our Emerging Companies brochure.
Technology Newsflash Blog
White & Case Technology Newsflash