T +81 3 6384 3288
Arthur has over forty years of experience, much of it in Asia, and is one of the leading American lawyers specializing in investment and financing transactions around the world.
Prior to joining White & Case in September 2007, Arthur was General Counsel of the Asian Development Bank (ADB). He became General Counsel of the ADB in 2003 and supervised all aspects of legal advice given with respect to documentation of public sector and private sector loan transactions, equity investments, political risk guarantees and bond financings. He managed an office comprised of 42 attorneys from 18 countries and was responsible for compliance with Bank policies and procedures. He advised the President and the Board of Directors on corporate governance, institutional and administrative matters, and all litigation involving the bank.
Throughout his career, he has had extensive experience in:
- cross border M&A transactions
- project financing of large infrastructure projects (including manufacturing plants and real estate)
- negotiating the formation of incorporated and unincorporated joint ventures
- investments in and for private equity and other funds
- structuring cutting-edge financial products
- corporate governance initiatives
- disputes with government agencies
Arthur is the author of numerous articles on legal developments in Asia and beyond.