The new EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") came into force on 24 May 2016. Organisations doing business in the EU must ensure that they are compliant with the GDPR by 25 May 2018. Failure to meet this deadline may result in enforcement action under the GDPR, including possible fines up to the greater of €20 million or 4% of annual global turnover.
White & Case has released a detailed Handbook entitled "Unlocking the EU General Data Protection Regulation", designed to assist businesses in understanding, and complying with, the GDPR.
Join our speakers as they discuss the Handbook and offer up practical guidance on how best to navigate the complexities of the new regulation. Copies of the Handbook will be provided free of charge at the event.
- Fabienne Villars, Data Protection Officer, Renault
- Yann Padova, Commissioner, French Energy Regulator (CRE) / Former Secretary General, French Data Protection Authority (CNIL)
- Bertrand Liard, Partner, White & Case (Paris), IP/IT
- Detlev Gabel, Partner, White & Case (Frankfurt), Global Data, Privacy & Cyber Security practice
- Tim Hickman, Associate, White & Case (London), Global Data, Privacy & Cyber Security practice
Tuesday 27 September 2016
Breakfast and seminar from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
White & Case, Hôtel d’Evreux, 19 Place Vendôme, Paris
Please contact Jerome Harber for further information.