Sarolta Várszegi is an associate and member of our M&A, Private Equity and Capital Markets practice groups. She joined the Budapest office of White & Case in September 2010.
Sarolta's practice primarily focuses on M&A and corporate law matters as well as domestic and international capital markets transactions. In 2011 she was seconded for four months to long-standing client of the Budapest office, one of the leading telecommunications service providers in Hungary, to assist them with their on-going legal matters.
Since joining the Budapest office, Sarolta has been a member of our teams advising:
- The leading general equipment rental company in the Nordic countries and in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), with respect to the sale of its Hungarian operations to a private equity investor;
- One of the largest private equity and venture capital management firms in CEE in connection with its acquisition of a global manufacturer of sports nutrition products based in Hungary;
- A leading Belgian food retail group in connection with the sale of its hypermarkets business in Hungary to a French food retail company;
- One of the leading telecommunications service providers in Hungary in connection with:
- an offering by its wholly owned subsidiary of an additional €80 million in aggregate principal amount of its 9.5% senior secured notes due 2016; and
- its bolt-on acquisition of a Hungarian cable company in an auction sale conducted by the cable company's owner and its creditors, along with a simultaneous asset sale to a leading European provider of cable television, telephone and broadband content;
- The subsidiary of a Germany-based bank before the Hungarian Financial Supervisory Authority in relation to the acquisition of qualified interest in a Hungarian financial enterprise.
Prior to joining White & Case, Sarolta worked at another international law firm, where she represented a range of clients in connection with several public and private offerings, including a stock exchange listing on the Budapest Stock Exchange, and also advised investment banks on capital markets regulations issues. She also assisted clients on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Bars and Courts
Budapest Bar, 2010
Hungarian Stock Exchange Exam, 2008
LLM, Commercial and Corporate Law, University College London, London, 2006
Certificate in English Law, London School of Economics and Political Science, London, 2005
JD, Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Budapest, 2004
In association with Réczicza White & Case LLP