White & Case is a global law firm with 43 offices in 29 countries offering complex legal services to its clients around the world. The position of Diversity Communications Specialist / Consultant is a temporary position created for the purpose of executing on the Firm's diversity and inclusion external and internal brand awareness communications strategy. The post holder will provide expertise for our written communications strategy and will have primary responsibility for driving the activities that require written reports and narratives on diversity and inclusion-related projects, including preparation of award submissions and external and client benchmarking surveys and RFPs. The role will primarily work with the D&I team based in New York and London, and coordinate with Partners and Business Support Services members as needed.
- Provide advice and guidance on the types of D&I reporting that should be done on an annual, semi-annual or quarterly basis and prepare same
- Define the audiences for the agreed reports and the types of information that should be included depending on the audience.
- Work closely with Creative Services team to determine how best to use infographics for D&I reporting.
- Work closely with Communications team to ensure D&I communications are frequent, varied and innovative, and utilize all Firm communication channels, including social media. Representative communications will include internal update reports, annual and other periodic reports published on the Firm's website and intranet, glossy printed reports for client/networking audiences, one or two pagers for quick reference or "who we are, what we do" type of messaging, newsletters, internal talking points on our D&I initiatives, articles and profiles on our employee resource networks, recruiting materials, and professional development content on relevant D&I subjects, including guidance on inclusive leadership and other aspects of maintaining an inclusive culture.
- Write and/or edit internal articles on D&I events and any information we want to publish externally on LinkedIn, the Firm website or intranet, W&C TV, etc.
- Coordinate with the HRIS team to collect, review and maintain current diversity statistics and collate information to complete RFPs and benchmarking surveys requested by clients and outside organizations (e.g., ABA Model Diversity Survey, BLD, SRA, IFLR and Stonewall). Review and analyze diversity statistics and prepare tailored narrative responses for surveys, RFPs and awards submissions.
- Advise and support the creation and maintenance of a robust, up-to-date data bank to provide support for the narratives for diversity and inclusion questions on RFPs, client pitches, surveys and awards submissions.
- Provide advice and support for diversity-related PowerPoint presentations for client pitches, speaking engagements and internal presentations, including office meetings/town hall sessions and regional section meetings.
- Provide advice and support for national and regional diversity-related awards. Draft, review and edit all awards applications before they are submitted.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience working in a legal or other global professional services firm, particularly in marketing and communications and/or diversity and inclusion, preferred.
Essential job requirements
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and report statistical data for internal Firm presentations, client surveys and RFPs, and external benchmarking surveys. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (in particular Word, advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint).
- High energy, great flexibility and willingness to take on a "hands on" approach.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels where needed.
- Quick learner on White & Case with knowedlge of the legal profession more widely; able to adapt communication style to a variety of audiences.
- Proactive self-starter who is able to self-manage and also work as part of a team, with the ability to work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment.
- Business report writing capabilities, including drafting multiple forms of communications tailored to specific audiences.
- Global Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Mittelsteadt, Lateral Recruiting Manager, at [email protected].
See also: Careers > United States