1L and 2L opportunities
Our 1L Fellowships help us build a Firm with the people that will support our future success and continue to build on our strengths. All Fellows take part in our 10-week summer associate program and successful Fellows are also invited to return for their 2L summer.
1L Diversity Fellowship
The diversity of our lawyers is a source of strength, and the nature of our clients’ needs requires collaboration across borders. Our lawyers value learning about different cultures, experiences, languages and viewpoints.
Our mission is to continue to build upon this strength and create an environment where all who work here are encouraged, assisted and inspired to reach their potential. Our commitment to inclusion has made us an employer of choice worldwide.
What you can expect
- Participate in our ten-week Summer Program in any of our 8 US offices, including our training sessions, the Launch Your Career Conference, ongoing mentorship opportunities, networking with our lawyers and attendance at social events
- Gain valuable insight into what we do and what it means to practice law by working with and observing our lawyers
- Successful fellows will be invited to return to the Firm the following year for the Summer Associate Program
1L Intellectual Property Fellowship
As a 1L Intellectual Property Litigation Fellow, you will participate in our Summer Program in our Boston, New York or Silicon Valley office. You will participate in all aspects of the Summer Program, including our training sessions, the Launch Your Career Conference in New York, ongoing mentorship opportunities, networking with our lawyers and social events. You will gain valuable insight into what we do and what it means to practice IP litigation at the Firm. Successful 1L Fellows will be invited back for their 2L summer.
In addition to the normal summer associate salary, IP Litigation Fellows will be eligible to receive a US$15,000 scholarship, half of which will be payable upon receiving and accepting a full-time associate offer as a member of our Americas Competition section/Intellectual Property group and the balance payable upon starting as a full-time associate in the group.
The Firm will also pay costs related to the patent bar exam after acceptance of a full-time employment offer.
How to apply
To apply for this fellowship, please submit the following materials online at whitecase.com/usgraduates.
- Cover letter
- Undergraduate transcript
- First-year law school transcript (when available)
- For the Diversity Fellowship, a 500-word personal statement that indicates your interest in joining a global practice, as well as your commitment to enhancing our diverse culture at the Firm
- For the Intellectual Property Fellowship, a personal statement (no more than 1,000 words) that indicates your interest in pursuing a career in IP Litigation
Applications will be accepted from 1L students on December 1 and will be considered on a rolling basis through January.