White & Case Represented Iconix in the Sale of Peanuts and Strawberry Shortcake Brands | White & Case LLP International Law Firm, Global Law Practice
White & Case Represented Iconix in the Sale of Peanuts and Strawberry Shortcake Brands

White & Case Represented Iconix in the Sale of Peanuts and Strawberry Shortcake Brands

Global law firm White & Case LLP represented Iconix Brand Group Inc. ("Iconix") in the US$345 million sale of its entertainment division to DHX Media Ltd.

The entertainment division of Iconix included both an 80 percent controlling interest in the Peanuts branded business, including content featuring Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy and other well-known characters, and 100 percent of the Strawberry Shortcake business and its related characters. The remaining 20 percent interest in Peanuts will continue to be held by members of the family of Peanuts’ creator Charles M. Schulz.

DHX Media Ltd. (DHXM) is a leading children's content and brands company, recognized globally for such high-profile properties as Teletubbies, Yo Gabba Gabba!, Caillou, In the Night Garden, Inspector Gadget and the multiple award-winning Degrassi franchise.

The White & Case team that advised on the transaction was led by partners Nazim Zilkha and Daren Orzechowski, and included Erin Hanson, Chris Hinman, Gregory Owens, John Paul Igoe, Rebecca Farrington, Daniel Rosenthal, David Thatch, Marissa Geannette, Katherine Draper, Arlene Hahn, Stefan Mentzer, Gregory Starner, Sang Ji, Victoria Rosamond, Elizabeth Gonzalez, Tomer Dorfan, Harry Hudesman, Neeraj Shah, Katherine Dineen Smith, David Johansen, Elodie Gal, Jessica Cauley, Jesany Michel and Scott Levi.