Steve Sha is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice, based in Hong Kong.
Steve advises private equity funds, private and public companies and financial investors on a wide range of private equity and other M&A matters. He has extensive experience in cross-border transactions across Asia and globally, including sponsor-led acquisitions and divestitures, leveraged buyouts, going-private transactions, PIPEs, joint ventures, strategic M&A, restructurings and venture financings.
Steve Sha's experience* includes representing:
- Advent International in its acquisition, consolidation and subsequent sale of Serta China, a leading mattress business in China.
- Bain Capital Credit in its US$300 million investment in D&J China.
- Bain Capital in its US$2.7 billion sale of Carver Korea, its US$800 million acquisition of a controlling stake in Hugel Inc., and its sale of the Gymboree Play & Music business in China.
- CPPIB in the US$4.3 billion consortium take-private of NYSE-listed Nord Anglia Education.
- NewQuest Capital Partners in its sale of Integreon, a business process outsourcing provider with a significant Asia footprint, to EagleTree Capital.
- CMC Capital in a Series D investment in Giphy, Inc.
- Temasek in its healthcare joint venture with Columbia Pacific and its investment in Nasdaq-listed 21vianet.
- GSR/GO Scale Capital in its proposed US$3.3 billion acquisition of 80.1% of Philips' Lumileds business.
- Uber's strategic partnership with Baidu in China.
- Tencent in its strategic partnerships with and investments in NYSE-listed 58.com and Nasdaq-listed JD.com.
*Includes experience prior to joining White & Case
What China's IPO Crisis Means for PE Investors, China Law & Practice, May/June, 2013.