The combination of finance and technology ("Fintech") is not new, but developments with block chain technology and AI have created new opportunities as well as risks. What seems certain is that Fintech will change how financial services are delivered and consumed. This session will consider the business opportunities created within the emerging regulatory framework in the US and Japan for mobile and digital banking, payment and settlements, data analytics, marketplace and online lending, digital tokens and currencies, personal finance, foreign exchange and "regtech". Comparative regulatory approaches to cryptocurrencies as a commodity, currency or security will receive special attention.
- Michael Alfant, President and Chief Executive Officer, Fusion Systems Co., Ltd.
- Hironao Kunimitsu, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, gumi Inc.
- Benjamin Saul, Partner, White & Case, Washington, DC
- Nels Hansen, Local Partner, White & Case, Tokyo
- Arthur M. Mitchell, Senior Counselor, White & Case, Tokyo
Wednesday, 28 March 2018
7:30 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
8:00 a.m. Panel discussion
9:30 a.m. Conclusion
White & Case LLP
White & Case Law Offices
Marunouchi Trust Tower Main 26th Floor
1-8-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku,
Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
To register your interest to attend, please follow this link.
For more information on our Law and Technology Seminar Series in Tokyo, please follow this link.