We are delighted to invite you to a seminar at Harvard Law School, led by White & Case.
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Harvard Law School, Hauser Hall - 102 Malkin Classroom
1585 Massachusetts Avenue, 02138 Cambridge, MA
Tim Hickman, Partner and Matthias Goetz, Associate from White & Case London offer their insights on why US businesses ought to care about EU data protection law, including:
- How EU data protection differs from US privacy laws
- Some practical tips on navigating the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force on 25 May 2018
- An introduction to the EU-US Privacy Shield and correcting some common misconceptions around this
- An analysis of the risks of doing business in Europe after 25 May 2018
- Addressing how EU regulators will enforce penalties against US businesses
- Providing an overview of the vast fining and enforcement powers (fines of up to the greater of €20 million or 4% of worldwide turnover)
An online copy of our extensive GDPR handbook is available here.