Financial Times Innovative Lawyers
Standout (the highest ranking), 2 matters
For our defense of pharmaceutical manufacturer Allergan, the Financial Times highlighted that in arguing the unconstitutionality of a common practice in class action lawsuits, the Firm “set a precedent for plaintiffs to demonstrate proof of injury to be considered an injured class prior to receiving a jury verdict.”
For our work with five other law firms in creating the Reignite Academy to help women lawyers return to corporate law firms after an extended career break.
Highly commended, 5 matters
We received rankings in categories including enabling business growth and transformation, accessing new markets and capital, creating a new standard, and rule of law and access to justice.
Commended, 11 matters
We received rankings in categories including enabling business growth and transformation, accessing new markets and capital, creating a new standard, litigation and disputes, managing complexity and scale, new products and services, managing and developing talent/diversity and inclusion, and rule of law and access to justice.
- #1 ranked Global 20 Law Firm Law360 Global 20 (third consecutive year)
- International Law Firm of the Year Legal Week British Legal Awards
- Most Innovative US Law Firm in Europe International Law Review (second consecutive year)
- #1 International Arbitration Practice Global Arbitration Review GAR30 ranking (fifth consecutive year)
- 2019 Exceptional Service Award The American Bar Association's Death Penalty Representation Project
- Legal Services Provider of the Year Petroleum Economist
- #2 firm for cross-border restructuring and insolvency Global Restructuring Review GAR30
- Global Finance Deal of the Year (for the Seadrill Ltd. Restructuring) The American Lawyer Global Legal Awards 2019
- Law Firm of the Year in 3 sectors: airports, roads and seaports Global Transport Finance
- Best Law Firm in Africa EMEA Finance
- Equity Capital Markets Team of the Year Legal Week British Legal Awards
- Telecoms, Media & Technology Adviser of the Year 2019 MergerMarket Middle East Awards
- Best Green/SRI Law Firm GlobalCapital Sustainable and Responsible Capital Markets Awards 2019 (second consecutive year)
This publication is provided for your convenience and does not constitute legal advice. This publication is protected by copyright.
© 2020 White & Case LLP