We would like to invite you to our webinar "FDI regulations - The impact of the pandemic on deal-making". This event is organized in cooperation with Ghorfa – the Arab-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry e.V. - and part of our virtual M&A sessions in Dusseldorf.
While in the US, foreign direct investment (FDI) has long been under intense scrutiny and subject to the CFIUS regime, FDI screening has substantially increased across the globe over the last 3-4 years. The EU FDI screening regulation has entered into full effect on October 11, 2020, and many national governments have broadened and toughened their national regimes.
Following the outbreak of COVID-19 and the impending economic recession, FDI restrictions are no longer being used solely as a tool to address issues of national security, but also to combat opportunistic M&A from companies and jurisdictions with deep pockets, and hence protect the national base of "critical industries". At the same time, there is an increased focus of Western governments on industrial policy, trying to support "national champions" to compete more successfully globally.
In this webinar, our leading experts on global FDI, with a specific focus on the US (CFIUS) and Germany, discuss these recent trends and their impact on deal-making.
You can send us your questions in advance or address them live to our speakers during the webinar.
Monday, 7 December 2020
Start - 2:00 p.m. CET
Q&A - 3:15 p.m. CET
Dial in is possible starting at 1:45 p.m.
- Dr. Murad M. Daghles, Partner, White & Case Dusseldorf
- Prof. Christian Aders, Senior Managing Director, ValueTrust Financial Advisors
- Christopher Buhlmann, Director, Parkview Partners
- Dr. Tilman Kuhn, Partner, White & Case Dusseldorf / Brussels
- Farhad Jalinous, Partner, White & Case Washington, D.C., Global Head of the White & Case's Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Reviews & US National Security / CFIUS practice