Zelda is an associate in the Dispute Resolution group of the firm's London office, and practices both international arbitration and commercial litigation in a variety of sectors.
Examples of recent representations include:
- Advising an Eastern European utility in a billion euro ICC arbitration in the energy sector.
- Advising an investor in a series of LCIA arbitrations with its joint venture partner arising out of a multi-million dollar real estate redevelopment project in South Asia.
- Advising a CIS state-owned company in a multi-million dollar ICC arbitration with a major European contractor concerning disputes arising out of a road construction project.
- Advising an Italian company in English High Court insolvency proceedings involving issues of legal privilege.
- Providing advice and strategy to an investor seeking to enforce LCIA arbitration awards in multiple jurisdictions.
- Providing advice and strategy to an oil exploration and production company in relation to drawings under letters of credit and compliance with financial covenants.
- Advising in an ICC arbitration concerning the design and construction of a nuclear power plant.
Zelda has experience in drafting settlement agreements and regularly advises on the drafting of commercial contracts.
Bars and Courts
Solicitor, England and Wales, 2012
LPC, BPP Law School, London
GDL (partial exemption), BPP Law School, London
LLB, University of Cape Town
Professional Associations and Memberships
ICC, Young Arbitrator's Forum
Awards and Recognition
White & Case Pro Bono Award 2011
Co-author: "Supreme Court confirms that legal advice privilege does not apply to communications with non-lawyers" White & Case LLP Client Alert January 2013
Zelda is committed to pro bono. Among other projects, she has provided advice to Survivors Fund (SURF) on compensation claims under the Alien Tort Claims Act and international law. She also frequently advises at the Citizens Advice Bureau at the Royal Courts of Justice, and volunteers at the legal advice clinic at the Whitechapel Homeless Mission.