Aneta Hajska focuses on M&A, private equity and commercial law transactions. Since starting her cooperation with White & Case in 1997 Aneta Hajska has gained extensive experience in the area of mergers and acquisitions, representing clients from the public and non-public sectors in their capacity of both sellers and acquirers in a number of transactions consisting in share or asset acquisitions (including privatization deals) in many sectors.
Aneta Hajska has also developed her private equity practice, advising several funds on venture capital/private equity transactions, which involved investing in shares in public and private deals, leveraged buyouts or joint venture transactions. As part of her private equity practice Aneta Hajska has developed optimal transaction structures, planned and carried out acquisitions, outsourcing transactions and exit strategies.
Aneta Hajska is also interested in intellectual and industrial property issues. Her experience in this area includes the preparation of computer systems acquisition, issues related to computer software development, service and support, and the drafting of license agreements.
Among the projects she has worked on are the following:
- PGNiG S.A.: advised PGNiG S.A., a natural gas and crude oil prospecting and extracting company, in connection with the process of consolidation of its six subsidiaries engaged in gas pipeline network management and gas distribution. Transaction value (equivalent to the share capital of the acquiring company after the merger): PLN 10.5 billion.
- British United Provident Association Limited: represented The British United Provident Association Limited (Bupa), the international healthcare group, in connection with an acquisition of LUX MED Group, the largest private healthcare provider in Poland, for €400 million. The transaction was the largest private equity transaction in Poland in 2012.
- Telekomunikacja Polska S.A.: advised TP S.A. (the Polish largest telecom provider), on their €426 million sale of TP EmiTel, a subsidiary of the network operator, to Warsaw-based Kapiri Investments, which is owned by Montagu Private Equity.
- PGNiG S.A.: advised PGNiG S.A. (the Polish gas company) in connection with the acquisition of Vattenfall Heat Poland S.A. (VHP), the leading heat and electricity generation company in Warsaw. The enterprise value agreed for VHP is PLN 3.7 billion (approximately €880 million).
- Złomrex S.A.: advised Zlomrex S.A. (the largest steel manufacturer and distributor in Poland), in the sale of Cognor's (a listed Polish steel company and Złomrex majority-owned subsidiary) assets in Poland (steel distribution network) to ArcelorMittal Steel Poland, as well as in the sale of shares in Cognor Stahlhandel GmbH (Austrian subsidiary of Cognor S.A.) to Vienna-based funds. The value of the sale of Cognor's assets to ArcelorMittal Steel Poland was about €40 million (PLN 149 million), and the value of the sale of Cognor Stahlhandel GmbH was about €33 million (PLN 128 million).
- DZ Bank Polska S.A.: advised DZ Bank Polska S.A. in connection with the sale of an organized part of the banking enterprise of DZ Bank Polska S.A, which specializes in the provision of services to the most affluent clients (Private Banking). The transaction concerned the sale of assets and assumption of obligations by the purchaser, including deposits, current accounts and credits (excluding non-performing loans).
- Publicis Groupe SA: represented the client, a multinational advertising and public relations company, in connection with the acquisition of Interactive Solutions, a leading digital agency in Poland.
- Euromedic International: represented the client, a leading pan-European medical service provider, on the acquisition of 100% stake in NU-MEDIC Pracownie Diagnostyczne Sp. z o.o. (a company operating seven diagnostic centers in northern Poland) and one diagnostic center from NU-Med Grupa S.A.
- Zakłady Lentex S.A.: advised the client in connection with the acquisition of Gamrat S.A., a Jaslo-based plastic producer, from the Polish State Treasury.
- HTL-Strefa S.A.: she represented the client EQT V (a leading private equity fund) on the acquisition of HTL-Strefa S.A., a Polish listed company being the world’s leading manufacturer of safety and personal lancets for capillary blood sampling (including negotiations, due diligence review, preparation of legal documentation, financing and client representation in the public tender). This is the largest P2P deal executed by a PE fund in the history of the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Value of the transaction: PLN 860 million.
- Ruch S.A.: advised a private equity fund on the public tender announced on July 2010, for 100 % of the outstanding shares of Ruch S.A., a Polish listed company being a leading Polish newspaper retailer. Value of the transaction would exceed: PLN 630 million (€158 million).
- Innova Capital: advice to Innova Capital as the private equity provider, with GTech Corporation as the strategic investor, in their USD 62.5 million acquisition of PolCard S.A., the leading Polish electronic payment processing systems company.
- ARX Equity Partners/Lexum Group: advising a Central European network of ophthalmological centers, which is a portfolio of the private equity fund ARX Equity Partners in the acquisition of 100% of shares in Intermedica sp. z o.o.
- Oresa Ventures: representation with regard to its equity investment in the Office Depot retail group.
- Riverside Capital: representation with respect to its investment in Megachemie, structuring common and preferred stock.
- Raiffeisen Private Equity Management: representation with regard to its investment in Videowall.
- Oresa Ventures: advised the selling shareholders, among which was Oresa Ventures, of the leading Polish temporary employment/ HR management agency with regard to its acquisition by Randstad Holding NV.
- Fortum Power and Heat Oy: advised the Finnish investor (quoted on the Helsinki Stock Exchange) in relation to the privatization of Przedsiębiorstwo Energetyczne Systemy Ciepłownicze SA in Częstochowa.
- Fortum Heat Polska: represented Fortum Heat Poland, a part of the Fortum Corporation, in relation to the purchase of a majority block of shares in MPEC Wrocław S.A., a company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- SBS Broadcasting: represented the client in connection with the sale of shares in TVN.
- RTL Group: representation in relation to an attempted purchase of a block of shares in Telewizja Polsat S.A.
- Nay Holding/Enterprise Investors: acquisition of FMCG companies within the CEE region.
- Nordic Capital: acquisition of a group of pharmaceutical companies within the CEE region.
For the last several years, the prestigious ranking Chambers Europe
has listed Aneta Hajska among the leading Polish lawyers in the Private Equity category. She has also been recommended by IFLR 1000
and Legal 500 EMEA
in the Corporate/M&A category
Bars and Courts
Legal Adviser, Regional Chamber of Legal Advisers in Warsaw, 2002
LLB, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, 1997
Master's Degree, Faculty of Law, Canon Law and Administration, Catholic University of Lublin, 1989