White & Case industry groups reflect our commitment to client service. Our industry groups enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively respond to the needs of our clients in key industries by bringing together lawyers from across multiple practices throughout our global network who have in-depth knowledge and experience within the specialized industries and sectors in which our clients operate.
Wherever our clients are in the world, whatever challenges they face, White & Case is there, ready to assist. We know your industry and we are committed to your business.
Our international Communications and Media Industry Group has been involved in a broad range of transactions, regulatory developments and legal proceedings throughout the world and with regard to every segment of the industry.
Lawyers in our Industry Group combine industry and product specialization in key areas, including advertising, cable, media, social media, publishing, satellite, sports and telecoms, and are located in our Firm's offices around the world. Several industry group lawyers are recognized as industry-leading advisors.
Our highly regarded Industry Group is consistently ranked in the top tiers of telecommunications, media and satellite practices, acts for some of the world's key telecoms, media, publishing and Internet companies, as well as major financial institutions in matters across the Americas, Asia and Europe, and has extensive experience in cross-border transactions.
Broad Industry Capabilities
The Communications and Media Industry Group is acknowledged for its work in a range of related areas, including:
- Acquisition, Project and Vendor Finance
- Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Advised HSBC and LGI Ventures (an affiliate of Liberty Global), as part of a wider group of investors and banks, in connection with a US$1.2billion investment in satellite operator O3b Networks Limited, a developer of a new fibre-quality, satellite-based global Internet backbone for telecommunications operators and Internet service providers serving the emerging markets.
- Advised France Télécom in its acquisition of a 40 percent share of Médi Télécom's capital and voting rights from the groups "Caisse de Dépôt et de Gestion" and FinanceCom.
- Advised HSBC Investment Bank Holdings plc and LGI Ventures B.V. with regard to their further investment in a new satellite operator O3b Networks Limited.
- Advised long-standing client Weather Investments on the rescue of Wind Hellas, one of Greece's largest mobile phone operators, in the UK's largest-ever pre-pack administration.
- Acted for a syndicate of banks providing a US$586 million credit facility to Globalstar, Inc., a leading provider of mobile satellite voice and data services to business, government and individuals.
- Advised ictQATAR, QATAR's telecommunications agency, on establishing a joint venture with Eutelsat for the purpose of creating joint ownership of a communication satellite and the subsequent procurement of the satellite from SSL Loral.
- Advised the BBVA Group, a leading global financial services group based in Spain, on a new multiyear marketing partnership with the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- Advised PCCW Ltd in its HK$16 billion self-arranged senior three-tranche term loan and revolving credit facility. The loan, which is via Hong Kong Telecommunications (HKT) Limited and guaranteed by HKT Group Holdings Limited, comprises a HK$8 billion revolving credit, a HK$3 billion term loan and a HK$5 billion term loan.