Our affinity groups are a critical component in creating a sense of community among the diverse groups within the Firm. Affinity groups are led by partners, counsel or associates. Each group sets its own agenda and goals specific to the issues the community feels are most important to them. Affinity groups are also the drivers of activity to create and enhance awareness among partners and associates.
We use affinity groups and external speakers to support our diversity initiative.
The Firm has nine global affinity groups:
- The Asian Affinity Group, led by Sylvia Chin and Jacqueline Chung
- The Black Affinity Group, led by Sheldon Philp
- The Hispanic Affinity Group, led by Elena Maria Millerman and John Padro
- The Middle Eastern Affinity Group, led by Raymond Azar
- The Spectrum LGBT Affinity Group, led by David Draigh and Jane Rueger (US), Adrian Beasley and Nathaniel Crowley (London) and Matthias Stupp (Germany)
- The Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) LINK Affinity Group, led by Tallat Hussain
- The Colorful Affinity Group, led by Riaz Janjuah