White & Case LLP
54 Melville Road
Illovo, Johannesburg, 2196
P.O. Box 784440, Sandton 2146
Republic of South Africa
Directions to our Office
T: + 27 11 341 4000
F: + 27 11 327 1900
White & Case has been actively advising clients on the African continent for over 30 years. In 1995, we were the first foreign law firm to establish an office in South Africa.
Johannesburg-The Gateway to Africa
The White & Case Johannesburg office involvement in transactions across Sub-Saharan Africa has given us unique insight and experience in how to get deals done efficiently and economically. We have significant expertise in mergers and acquisitions, bank finance, IPO’s and capital markets transactions, mining and metals, energy and power projects and project development and finance.
The White & Case Johannesburg office is staffed with a combination of internationally and domestic qualified lawyers. Our Johannesburg based lawyers regularly work as part of an integrated team with our London, Paris and Beijing offices to advise both domestic and international clients operating across Africa on complex cross-border transactions.
By combining our substantial global resources and a strong local presence in Johannesburg, we are able to provide a truly international and unique service offering in the African market to our clients operating in Africa.
Local Knowledge – International Expertise
As a global international law firm operating in Africa we are uniquely placed to help our clients with the complex legal issues that occur in cross-border transactions, which includes:
- A unique blend of South African, English, and US law capability.
- In-depth South African and African experience successfully navigating the political and legal landscapes.
- Strong relationships with all levels of the South Africa government, local securities, competition and other regulatory bodies.
- The ability to offer focused domestic and international legal teams drawn from our extensive depth of resources from across our global network of 40 offices, and structured to reflect our client’s needs.
- A wealth of experience in advising Chinese and Indian entities operating in Africa.
- Varied in-house language capabilities.
- Extensive experience with Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) transactions.
- The highest standard of legal advice irrespective of location.
- Unique client service offering through our blend of value added services.
- Ranked "1st Tier" in Africa – Chambers Global 2010 – 2011
- Ranked "1st Tier: Projects & Energy: Africa" – Chambers Global 2011
- Ranked 1st Tier: Projects Globally – Chambers Global 2010 – 2011
- "Ranked 1st for Project Finance: Globally" – Dealogic 2011
- "Sub-Saharan African Bond Deal of Year" – The Banker 2011
- "Equities: Africa Deal of the Year" – The Banker 2011
- Global Elite Firm – Legal Business 2010
Click here to view a list of our attorneys.
For your convenience, we have provided directions to our office via Google Maps. To use this feature, please enter your starting location in the box below.