Piazza Diaz 1, 20123 Milan, Italy
January 31, 2015 11:34:06 PM
January 31, 2015 23:34:06
White & Case LLP
Piazza Diaz 1
T: + 39 02 00688 300
F: + 39 02 00688 301
Our Italian practice is led by Italian, US and UK partners based in our Milan and London offices:
- Iacopo Canino
- Ferigo Foscari
- Michael S. Immordino
- Paola Leocani
- Paul Alexander
- Nicholas Lasagna
The practice is supported by a global Italian-speaking team of more than 60 lawyers.
The practice focuses on equity and debt capital markets, bank finance, restructuring and M&A, including privately negotiated and public M&A transactions. We act as counsel to numerous Italian companies, many European corporates operating in Italy, international investment banks and private equity firms, covering a broad range of industry and financial sectors.
Our capital markets practice runs the gamut of both equity and debt offerings, including US Securities and Exchange Commission-registered, Rule 144A and Regulation S transactions. Our practice also covers derivative securities, liability management transactions and regulatory matters.
The office is a leader in Italy offering integrated US/UK/Italian debt capital markets services, covering Eurobonds, EMTN programs, US private placements, Euro private placements, high-yield bond offerings, Rule 144A offerings and SEC registered offerings. We also offer one-stop services to our private equity clients through our offer of finance, capital markets and M&A advice.
White & Case was ranked:
- In the top tier of elite law firms in Debt and Equity Capital Markets in Italy by Italian legal publication TopLegal as well as by leading legal directories such as Chambers Global and Europe 2014, The Legal 500 2014 and IFLR1000 2014.
- Amongst the main players in M&A in Italy by Italian legal publication TopLegal by leading league tables such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters and Mergermarket as well as by leading legal directories such as The Legal 500 2014 and IFLR1000 2014.
- In a leading position in Banking & Finance and Financial Restructuring & Insolvency in Italy by Italian legal publication TopLegal as well as by leading legal directories such as Chambers Global and Europe 2014, The Legal 500 2014 and IFLR1000 2014.
Also, all Milan-based partners have been endorsed in a leading position by a number of Legal Directories.
Some recent transactions our lawyers have been involved in are set-out below.
Please click here for our recent press releases.
Debt Capital Markets
- Kiko S.p.A. (owned by Percassi Group) in connection with a private placement of €100 million 6.5% Senior Secured Notes due December 2020
- Mediobanca, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Société Générale and UniCredit Bank AG in connection with the Italian and English law aspects of the annual update of SIAS S.p.A.’s €2 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme
- Eni S.p.A. and eni finance international SA in connection with the annual update of its €15 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme
- The dealer and co-dealer banks in connection with the seventh issuance by the Republic of Italy of €7,5 billion, six-year BTP Italia bonds that are linked to Italian inflation
- HP Pelzer Holding GmbH in connection with its high yield offering of €230 million, 7.5% senior secured notes due 2021
- Wind Telecomunicazioni S.p.A. and its wholly-owned subsidiary Wind Acquisition Finance S.A. in connection with a corporate refinancing that includes a new €4 billion issuance by WAF of three tranches of senior secured bonds
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. in connection with a US$2 billion 5.017% subordinated Tier 2 benchmark bond issue due 2024, under the US$25 billion Medium Term Note Programme of Intesa Sanpaolo
- Estra S.p.A. in connection with its private placement of €50 million 5% notes due 2019
- Banca Farmafactoring S.p.A. in connection with its euro private placement of €300 million, 2.75% notes due 2017
- Atlantia S.p.A. in connection with its private placement of €125 million 3.24% notes due June 2034 guaranteed by Autostrade per l’Italia S.p.A. under the €10 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme of Atlantia
- Joint Bookrunners, Credit Suisse, Banca IMI, BNP Paribas and UniCredit in connection with Officine Maccaferri's high yield offering of €200 million, 5.75 percent Notes due 2021
- I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A. (IMA) in connection with its euro private placement of €40 million, 3.875 percent notes due 2019 and €40 million, 4.375 percent notes due 2021
- Kedrion Group S.p.A. in connection with its placement of an aggregate amount of €300 million, 4.625% notes due April 2019
- Piaggio & C.S.p.A. in connection with all US, UK and Italian aspects of its high yield offering of €250 million, 4.625% Senior Unsecured Notes due 2021, including the related exchange offer for seven percent Senior Notes due 2016
- Società per Azioni Esercizi Aeroportuali S.E.A. S.p.A. in connection with its placement of an aggregate amount of €300 million 3.125% notes due April 2021
- Wind Telecomunicazioni S.p.A. and its wholly-owned subsidiary Wind Acquisition Finance S.A. (WAF) in connection with a corporate refinancing that includes a new €3.75 billion issuance of dual-tranche senior high yield bonds
- The dealer and co-dealer banks in connection with the issuance by the Republic of Italy of €20.6 billion, six-year BTP Italia bonds that are linked to Italian inflation
- Deutsche Bank, as Sole Bookrunner, in connection with Astaldi S.p.A.'s high yield 'tap' offering of €150 million additional 7.125% Senior Notes due 2020
- Intesa Sanpaolo in connection with a US$2.5 billion issuance of Yankee bonds under its US$15 billion Medium Term Note Programme. The issue consists of a US$1.5 billion 2.375% three-year tranche and a US$1 billion 5.25% ten-year tranche
- Joint Bookrunners in connection with Astaldi S.p.A.'s high yield offering of €500 million 7.125% Senior Notes due 2020 and its 'tap' offering of €100 million additional 7.125% Senior Notes due 2020
- • The dealer and co-dealer banks in connection with the fifth issuance of BTP Italia, the Italian inflation-linked four-year €22.27 billion bond, issued by the Republic of Italy
- The Barilla Group in connection with its US$150 million private placement of Guaranteed Senior Notes due December 2025
- Intesa Sanpaolo in connection with a US$2 billion 3.125% issuance of Yankee bonds due 2016, under its US$15 billion Medium Term Note Programme
- ADR – Aeroporti di Roma S.p.A. in connection with the launch of its €1.5 billion EMTN programme and inaugural issuance of €600 million 3.25% Senior Unsecured Notes
- Banca IMI, UniCredit and Barclays Bank in connection with the debut Eurobond issue by Linea Group Holding S.p.A. of a €300 million 3.875% Guaranteed Notes due 2018
- Atlantia S.p.A. in connection with the issuance of €750 million 2.875% Notes due 2021
- The Rhiag Group in connection with Rhino Bondco S.p.A.'s €415 million High Yield bond of 7.25% Senior Secured Notes and Floating Rate Senior Secured Notes, in the context of the acquisition of Rhiag by Apax Partners
- Ariston Thermo Group in connection with its establishment of a US$100 million Private Shelf Facility and its additional issuance of US$50 million Series A Senior Notes due 2020
- Intesa Sanpaolo in connection with a US$1.25 billion 3.875% 5 year issuance of Yankee bonds under its US$15 billion Medium Term Note Program
- The Republic of Italy's Ministry of Economy and Finance in connection with its annual SEC 18-k filings for the issuance of Italian government bonds
- Atlantia S.p.A. in connection with the annual update of its €10 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme
- Intesa Sanpaolo in connection with the tender offer to buy-back a maximum of €1.5 billion of its outstanding Senior Notes
- Gamenet S.p.A. in connection with the High Yield issuance of €200 million Senior Secured Notes due 2018
- Salini Costruttori S.p.A. (Impregilo Group) in connection with the issuance of €400 million 6.125% Senior Unsecured Notes due 2018
- The Wind Group in connection with the High Yield issuance of €150 million Senior Secured Floating Rate Notes due 2019 and US$550 million 6.5% Senior Secured Fixed Rate Notes due 2020
- MARR S.p.A. in connection with the private placement of US$43 million long-term unsecured notes
- Amplifon Group in connection with the Eurobond offering of €275 million 4.875% notes due 2018 issued by AmplifonS.p.A.
- Sogefi S.p.A. in connection with the issuance of its US$115 million Amortizing Senior Unsecured Notes due May 2023
- Jont Lead Managers in connection with the Eurobond offering of €300 million 4.50% guaranteed notes due 2018 issued by Indesit Company S.p.A.
- Amplifon Group in connection with the private placement of US$130 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A. in connection with the private placement of US$50 million Unsecured Notes
- Recordati Rare Diseases Inc. in connection with the private placement of US$70 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- HMSHost Corporation in connection with the private placement of US$150 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- Intesa Sanpaolo in connection with its US$3.5 billion Yankee bond Issuance of Notes (a US$2 billion 3.125% Note and a US$1.5 billion 3.8755% Note)
- HMSHost Corporation in connection with the amendment and restatement of a US private placement
- The investors in connection with Pirelli Ltd’s private placement of US$150 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. and its New York Branch, in connection with the updating of Intesa Sanpaolo's US$15 billion Global Medium Term Note Program, including a market first for an Italian issuer 3(a)(2) option under the Securities Act
- Lottomatica Group S.p.A. in connection with its placement of €500 million (US$640.95 million) 3.5% Unsecured notes due March 2020
- De’Longhi S.p.A. in connection with the private placement of US$85 million Senior Notes
- illycaffè N.V. in connection with the private placement of US$66 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
Equity Capital Markets
- BNP Paribas and Banca IMI in connection with the €200 million rights issue for Immobiliare Grande Distribuzione SIIQ S.p.A. (IGD)
- Salini Impregilo S.p.A., as issuer, and Salini Costruttori S.p.A., as selling shareholder, in connection with a share placement of €513.3 million of Salini Impregilo S.p.A.'s shares to institutional investors
- Banca IMI, J. P. Morgan, Mediobanca and UniCredit Corporate & Investment Banking in connection with the Cerved Information Solutions S.p.A. €428.4 million Initial Public Offering on the Milan Stock Exchange
- Schematrentaquattro S.r.l. (Benetton Group) in connection with the €338 million block trades, through an accelerated book build, of ordinary shares corresponding, respectively, to 9.18% and 9.15% of Autogrill’s and World Duty Free’s share capital
- BNP Paribas in connection with Delfin S.a.r.l.’s €96.8 million placement of Foncière des Régions' convertible bonds, through an accelerated bookbuilding
- Banca IMI in connection with the listing on the Italian Stock Exchange of World Duty Free, the €1.83 billion spin-off company of Autogrill
- Barclays, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan and Mediobanca in connection with the announced up to €500 million rights' issue of Banca Popolare di Milano
- BNP Paribas, Morgan Stanley and UBS Investment Bank in connection with €217 million block trade by Generali Group for approximately 1% of Assicurazioni Generali’s share capital
- Banca IMI and Barclays in connection with the €135 million rights issue of Maire Tecnimont
- Goldman Sachs, Mediobanca and UBS in connection with the Moleskine €490 million Initial Public Offering on the Milan Stock Exchange
- Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Mediobanca, Nomura, UBS, UniCredit in connection with the €1.1 billion rights issue of Unipol Gruppo Finanziario
- Cremonini S.p.A. in connection with €46.75 million block trade for approximately 8.27% of MARR’s share capital
- De’Longhi Soparfi S.A. in connection with €114 million block trade for approximately 8% of De'Longhi's ordinary shares
Mergers & Acquisition
- I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A. in connection with its proposed acquisition for approximately €65 million of an 80% stake in OYSTAR Group from private equity group Odewald
- Corporación América in connection with the mandatory offer for the entire share capital of Aeroporti di Firenze S.p.A. for up to € 80 million, and in connection with the voluntary offer for the entire share capital of Società Aeroporto Toscano Galileo Galilei S.p.A. for up to €94 millionCorporacion
- The vendor in connection with the sale of the entire share capital of Gammarad Italia S.p.A. to Sterigenics International LLC
- Private equity firm Tengram Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in the brand and business of Luciano Barbera, a leading Italian luxury apparel brand
- Brammer Italia S.r.l., a subsidiary of Brammer PLC, Europe's leading supplier of quality industrial maintenance, in connection with the acquisition of Sirio S.r.l. and Tisaf S.r.l., Italian companies operating in the same sector
- Recipharm AB in connection with the €100 million purchase of Corvette Pharmaceutical Services Group, previously controlled by the Italian private equity group LBO Italia Investimenti S.r.l.
- Katara Hospitality (owned by Qatar Holding) in connection with the acquisition of five luxury InterContinental properties including the InterContinental De La Ville Rome as well as other properties in key European cities
- Fondo Strategico Italiano S.p.A. (the Italian sovereign wealth fund) in connection with its €151.2 million investment for the purchase of 49.5% of Valvitalia S.p.A.'s share capital
- PPF Group in connection with the €2.5 billion sale to Generali of its 49% stake in Generali-PPF
- Libero Acquisition S.à r.l. in connection with its €55 million purchase from RCS Media Group S.p.A. of a controlling stake in Dada S.p.A. and subsequent mandatory tender offer
- Primav Construcoes e Comercio in connection with its €770 million acquisition from Impregilo of a 19% stake in Ecorodovias Infraestructura e Logistica S.A.
- Atlantia in connection with its €857 million (US$1.13 billion) sale of a 49.99% stake in Grupo Costanera to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- De'Longhi S.p.A. in connection with its €210 million acquisition and licensing of the Braun Household Division from Procter & Gamble Company
- Recordati S.p.A. in connection with its €67 million acquisition of all rights to five product lines on the Russian and CIS market
- World Duty Free Group in connection with its €1.25 billion credit facilities provided to Spanish and English members of the group, comprising of a €525 million term loan and a €725 million revolving credit facilities.
- A syndicate of banks led by Banca IMI S.p.A., as agent, and Banca IMI S.p.A., Banca Nazionale del Lavoro S.p.A. and UniCredit S.p.A. as arrangers and bookrunners in connection with a €130 million term and revolving credit facility for Esprinet S.p.A.
- A syndicate of banks, led by ING Bank N.V. and including Banca IMI, BNP Paribas, Citigroup Global Markets Limited, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank and UniCredit Bank AG as Arrangers and Bookrunner Mandated Lead Arrangers, in connection with a €1 billion revolving credit facility agreement granted to Prysmian
- Piaggio & C. S.p.A. in connection with a €220 million term and revolving credit facility which may be increased to a maximum of €250 million
- Società per Azioni Esercizi Aeroportuali S.E.A. S.p.A., as borrower, in connection with a €260 million revolving credit facility with Mediobanca and BNP Paribas as bookrunners, mandated lead arrangers and lenders
- A syndicate of banks led by BNP Paribas as arranger in connection with a term loan for €60 million to Sacmi Cooperativa Meccanici Imola S.C.
- Mediobanca in connection with a €100 million revolving credit facility agreement granted to Prysmian S.p.A.
- Ali S.p.A. in connection with €20 million Term Facility Agreement from UniCredit
- A syndicate of banks including Mediobanca as facility agent, lender, bookrunner and mandated lead arranger, in connection with the granting to Enel S.p.A. and its subsidiary Enel Finance International N.V. of €9.44 billion forward start revolving facilities
- Ali S.p.A. in connection with €20 million Term Facility Agreement from Mediobanca
- Mediobanca, Intesa Sanpaolo, Banca IMI and UniCredit in connection with a €150 million term and revolving credit facilities granted to Valentino S.p.A. as borrower and guaranteed by Valentino Fashion Group S.p.A.
- A syndicate of banks in connection with a €103 million revolving facility granted to Tradefleet Investments S.r.l., as borrower, and guaranteed by Maggiore Finanziaria di Partecipazioni S.r.l. and Maggiore Rent S.p.A.
- MARR S.p.A. in connection with a €85 million term and revolving facilities with an accordion feature to increase the facility to up to €105 million
- Bank of America, BNP Paribas and other arrangers, in connection with US$625 million term and revolving facilities for the acquisition of Scotsman Industries, Inc. by Ali Group North America Corporation
- Recordati S.p.A. in connection with €100 million term facilities provided by Intesa Sanpaolo and Deutsche Bank for the acquisition by its subsidiary Recordati Rare Diseases Inc. of assets for the treatment of rare diseases from Lundbeck LLC
- Mediobanca and UniCredit in connection with €200 million facilities to Autostrada Torino – Milano S.p.A. for the acquisition of a controlling stake in IGLI S.p.A.
- Piaggio & C. S.p.A. in connection with €130 million revolving credit facilities (later increased to €200 million)
As the Firm continues to invest in our Italian Practice we are looking to recruit Italian speaking US qualified lawyers (2-5 years PQE) and English speaking Italian lawyers (trainee to 3-5 years PQE) across the Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A practices. We are also interested in hearing from Italian qualified Bank Finance lawyers.
All applicants should possess the ability to develop and strengthen strong client relationships, be team players and look forward to the prospect of being part of a team that expects and encourages business development from an early stage.
to send your CV.
For your convenience, we have provided directions to our office below.