White & Case LLP
Piazza Diaz 1
T: + 39 02 00688 300
F: + 39 02 00688 301
Our Italian practice is led by Italian, US and UK partners based in our Milan and London offices:
- Michael S. Immordino
- Ferigo Foscari
- Paola Leocani
- Iacopo Canino
- Nicholas Lasagna
The practice is supported by a global Italian-speaking team of more than 60 lawyers.
The practice focuses on equity and debt capital markets, bank finance, restructuring and M&A, including privately negotiated and public M&A transactions. We act as counsel to numerous Italian companies, many European corporates operating in Italy, international investment banks and private equity firms, covering a broad range of industry and financial sectors.
Our capital markets practice runs the gamut of both equity and debt offerings, including US Securities and Exchange Commission-registered, Rule 144A and Regulation S transactions. Our practice also covers derivative securities, liability management transactions and regulatory matters.
The office is a leader in Italy offering integrated US/UK/Italian debt capital markets services, covering Eurobonds, EMTN programs, US private placements, high-yield bond offerings, Rule 144A offerings and SEC registered offerings. We also offer one-stop services to our private equity clients through our offer of finance, capital markets and M&A advice.
White & Case was ranked:
- In the top tier of elite law firms in Debt and Equity Capital Markets in Italy by Italian legal publication TopLegal
- Tier 2 for both Debt and Equity Capital Markets in Italy by IFLR1000 2014
Also, all Milan-based partners have been endorsed in a leading position by a number of Legal Directories.
Some recent transactions our lawyers have been involved in are set-out below.
Please click here for our recent press releases.
Debt Capital Markets
- BNP Paribas, Monte dei Paschi di Siena Capital Services, Banca Akros and Banca Sella in connection with the fifth issuance of BTP Italia, the Italian inflation-linked four-year €22.27 billion bond, issued by the Republic of Italy
- Banca IMI S.p.A., UniCredit Bank AG and Barclays Bank PLC in connection with the debut Eurobond issue by Linea Group Holding S.p.A. of a €300 million 3.875% Guaranteed Notes due 2018
- The Initial Purchasers in connection with Astaldi S.p.A.’s High Yield bond of €500 million 7.125% Senior Notes due 2020
- Apax Partners LLP and the Rhiag Group in connection with Rhino Bondco S.p.A.'s €415 million High Yield bond of 7.25% Senior Secured Notes and Floating Rate Senior Secured Notes, in the context of the acquisition of Rhiag by Apax Partners
- Ariston Thermo Group in connection with its establishment of a US$100 million Private Shelf Facility and its additional issuance of US$50 million Series A Senior Notes due 2020
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. in connection with a US$1.25 billion 3.875% 5 year issuance of Yankee bonds under its US$15 billion Medium Term Note Program
- Atlantia S.p.A. in connection with the issuance of €750 million 2.875 per cent notes due February 2021
- The Republic of Italy's Ministry of Economy and Finance in connection with its annual SEC 18-k filings for the issuance of Italian government bonds
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. in connection with the tender offer to buy-back a maximum of €1.5 billion of its outstanding Senior Notes
- Gamenet S.p.A. in connection with the High Yield issuance of €200 million Senior Secured Notes due 2018
- Salini Costruttori S.p.A. (Impregilo Group) in connection with the issuance of €400 million 6.125% Senior Unsecured Notes due 2018
- The Wind Group in connection with the High Yield issuance of €150 million Senior Secured Floating Rate Notes due 2019 and US$550 million 6.5% Senior Secured Fixed Rate Notes due 2020
- MARR S.p.A. in connection with the private placement of US$43 million long-term unsecured notes
- Amplifon Group in connection with the Eurobond offering of €275 million 4.875% notes due 2018 issued by AmplifonS.p.A.
- Sogefi S.p.A. in connection with the issuance of its US$115 million Amortizing Senior Unsecured Notes due May 2023
- Jont Lead Managers in connection with the Eurobond offering of €300 million 4.50% guaranteed notes due 2018 issued by Indesit Company S.p.A.
- Amplifon Group in connection with the private placement of US$130 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A. in connection with the private placement of US$50 million Unsecured Notes
- Recordati Rare Diseases Inc. in connection with the private placement of US$70 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- HMSHost Corporation in connection with the private placement of US$150 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. in connection with its US$3.5 billion Yankee bond Issuance of Notes (a US$2 billion 3.125% Note and a US$1.5 billion 3.8755% Note)
- HMSHost Corporation in connection with the amendment and restatement of a US private placement
- The investors in connection with Pirelli Ltd’s private placement of US$150 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. and its New York Branch, in connection with the updating of Intesa Sanpaolo's US$15 billion Global Medium Term Note Program, including a market first for an Italian issuer 3(a)(2) option under the Securities Act
- Lottomatica Group S.p.A. in connection with its placement of €500 million (US$640.95 million) 3.5% Unsecured notes due March 2020
- De’Longhi S.p.A. in connection with the private placement of US$85 million Senior Notes
- illycaffè N.V. in connection with the private placement of US$66 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
Equity Capital Markets
- Schematrentaquattro S.r.l. (Benetton Group) in connection with the €338 million block trades, through an accelerated book build, of ordinary shares corresponding, respectively, to 9.18% and 9.15% of Autogrill’s and World Duty Free’s share capital
- Barclays, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan and Mediobanca in connection with the announced up to €500 million rights' issue of Banca Popolare di Milano
- Banca IMI and Barclays in connection with the announced up to €135 million rights issue of Maire Tecnimont
- Goldman Sachs, Mediobanca and UBS in connection with the Moleskine €490 million Initial Public Offering on the Milan Stock Exchange
- Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Mediobanca, Nomura, UBS, Unicredit in connection with the €1.1 billion rights issue of Unipol Gruppo Finanziario
- BNP Paribas, Morgan Stanley and UBS Investment Bank as Joint Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners in connection with €217 million block trade by Generali Group (through an accelerated book building) for approximately 1% of Assicurazioni Generali’s share capital
- Cremonini S.p.A. in connection with €46.75 million block trade (through an accelerated book building) for approximately 8.27% of MARR’s share capital
- De’Longhi Soparfi S.A. in connection with €114 million block trade (through an accelerated book building) for approximately 8% of De'Longhi's ordinary shares
Mergers & Acquisition
- PPF Group in connection with the €2.5 billion sale to Generali of its 49% stake in Generali-PPF
- Libero Acquisition S.à r.l. in connection with the purchase from RCS Media Group S.p.A. of its 54.6% stake in Dada S.p.A.
- Primav Construcoes e Comercio in connection with its €770 million acquisition from Impregilo of a 19% stake in Ecorodovias Infraestructura e Logistica S.A.
- Atlantia in connection with its €857 million (US$1.13 billion) sale of a 49.99% stake in Grupo Costanera to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- De'Longhi S.p.A. in connection with its €210 million acquisition and licensing of the Braun Household Division from Procter & Gamble Company
- Recordati S.p.A. in connection with its €67 million acquisition of all rights to five product lines on the Russian and CIS market
- A syndicate of banks including Mediobanca as facility agent, lender, bookrunner and mandated lead arranger, in connection with the granting to Enel S.p.A. and its subsidiary Enel Finance International N.V. of €9.44 billion forward start revolving facilities
- A syndicate of banks in connection with a €103 million revolving facility granted to Tradefleet Investments S.r.l., as borrower, and guaranteed by Maggiore Finanziaria di Partecipazioni S.r.l. and Maggiore Rent S.p.A.
- Bank of America, N.A., BNP Paribas S.A. and other arrangers, in connection with US$625 million term and revolving facilities for the acquisition of Scotsman Industries, Inc. by Ali Group North America Corporation
- Recordati S.p.A. in connection with €100 million term facilities provided by Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. and Deutsche Bank AG for the acquisition by its subsidiary Recordati Rare Diseases Inc. of assets for the treatment of rare diseases from Lundbeck LLC
- Mediobanca S.p.A. and Unicredit S.p.A. in connection with €200 million facilities to Autostrada Torino – Milano S.p.A. for the acquisition of a controlling stake in IGLI S.p.A.
- Piaggio & C. S.p.A. in connection with €130 million revolving credit facilities (later increased to €200 million)
As the Firm continues to invest in our Italian Practice we are looking to recruit Italian speaking US qualified lawyers (2-5 years PQE) and English speaking Italian lawyers (trainee to 3-5 years PQE) across the Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A practices. We are also interested in hearing from Italian qualified Bank Finance lawyers.
All applicants should possess the ability to develop and strengthen strong client relationships, be team players and look forward to the prospect of being part of a team that expects and encourages business development from an early stage.
to send your CV.
For your convenience, we have provided directions to our office below.