T: + 39 02 00688 300
F: + 39 02 00688 301
White & Case has continuously been active in the Italian market as well as working with Italian clients for more than 20 years.
Our Italian practice is led by Michael Immordino, Ferigo Foscari, Nicholas Lasagna and Iacopo Canino from our Milan office. The practice is supported by a global Italian-speaking team of more than 60 lawyers.
Our lawyers are qualified to practice under Italian, English and US law, and we focus on equity and debt capital markets, bank finance, restructuring and both in-bound and out-bound M&A, including public and privately negotiated transactions.
We have acted as counsel in major transactions for numerous Italian companies, regional governments and municipalities, as well as for many European corporates, international investment banks and private equity firms, covering a broad range of industry and financial sectors. We work with our clients to develop long standing relationships and not work on one-off transactions.
In addition, we have worked across the capital markets on both public and private equity and debt offerings, including US Securities and Exchange Commission-registered, Rule 144A and Regulation S transactions.
Some recent transactions our lawyers have been involved with include:
Debt Capital Markets
- The Republic of Italy's Ministry of Economy and Finance in connection with its annual SEC 18-k filings for the issuance of Italian government bonds
- The Wind Group in connection with the High Yield issuance of €150 million Senior Secured Floating Rate Notes due 2019 and US$550 million 6.5% Senior Secured Fixed Rate Notes due 2020
- Sanitec Oyi in connection with the bond issuance of €250 million Senior Secured Floating Rate Notes due 2018; the transaction includes a €50 million revolving facility agreement governed by English Law
- Sogefi S.p.A. in connection with the issuance of its US$115 million 6% Amortizing Senior Unsecured Notes due May 2023
- Jont Lead Managers in connection with the Eurobond offering of €300 million 4.50% guaranteed notes due 2018 issued by Indesit Company S.p.A.
- Amplifon Group in connection with the private placement of US$130 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A. in connection with the private placement of US$50 million Unsecured Notes
- HMSHost Corporation in connection with the private placement of US$150 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. in connection with its US$3.5 billion Yankee bond Issuance of Notes (a US$2 billion 3.125% Note and a US$1.5 billion 3.8755% Note)
- HMSHost Corporation in connection with the amendment and restatement of a US private placement
- The investors in connection with Pirelli Ltd’s private placement of US$150 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. and its New York Branch, in connection with the updating of Intesa Sanpaolo's US$15 billion Global Medium Term Note Program, including a market first for an Italian issuer 3(a)(2) option under the Securities Act
- Lottomatica Group S.p.A. in connection with its placement of €500 million (US$640.95 million) 3.5% Unsecured notes due March 2020
- De’Longhi S.p.A. in connection with the private placement of US$85 million Senior Notes
- illycaffè N.V. in connection with the private placement of US$66 million Senior Guaranteed Notes
Equity Capital Markets
- Barclays, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan and Mediobanca in connection with the announced up to €500 million rights' issue of Banca Popolare di Milano
- Banca IMI and Barclays in connection with the announced up to €135 million rights issue of Maire Tecnimont
- Goldman Sachs, Mediobanca and UBS in connection with the Moleskine €490 million Initial Public Offering on the Milan Stock Exchange
- Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Mediobanca, Nomura, UBS, Unicredit in connection with the €1.1 billion rights issue of Unipol Gruppo Finanziario
- Cremonini S.p.A. in connection with €46.75 million block trade (through an accelerated book building) for approximately 8.27% of MARR’s share capital
- De’Longhi Soparfi S.A. in connection with €114 million block trade (through an accelerated book building) for approximately 8% of De'Longhi's ordinary shares
Mergers & Acquisition
- PPF Group in connection with the €2.5 billion sale to Generali of its 49% stake in Generali-PPF
- Primav Construcoes e Comercio in connection with its €770 million acquisition from Impregilo of a 19% stake in Ecorodovias Infraestructura e Logistica S.A.
- Atlantia in connection with its €857 million (US$1.13 billion) sale of a 49.99% stake in Grupo Costanera to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- De'Longhi S.p.A. in connection with its €210 million acquisition and licensing of the Braun Household Division from Procter & Gamble Company
- Recordati S.p.A. in connection with its €67 million acquisition of all rights to five product lines on the Russian and CIS market
- A syndicate of banks including Mediobanca as facility agent, lender, bookrunner and mandated lead arranger, in connection with the granting to Enel S.p.A. and its subsidiary Enel Finance International N.V. of €9.44 billion forward start revolving facilities
- Bank of America, N.A., BNP Paribas S.A. and other arrangers, in connection with US$625 million term and revolving facilities for the acquisition of Scotsman Industries, Inc. by Ali Group North America Corporation
- Recordati S.p.A. in connection with €100 million term facilities provided by Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A. and Deutsche Bank AG for the acquisition by its subsidiary Recordati Rare Diseases Inc. of assets for the treatment of rare diseases from Lundbeck LLC
- Mediobanca S.p.A. and Unicredit S.p.A. in connection with €200 million facilities to Autostrada Torino – Milano S.p.A. for the acquisition of a controlling stake in IGLI S.p.A.
- Piaggio & C. S.p.A. in connection with €130 million revolving credit facilities (later increased to €200 million)
As the Firm continues to invest in our Italian Practice we are looking to recruit Italian speaking US qualified lawyers (2-5 years PQE) and English speaking Italian lawyers (trainee to 3-5 years PQE) across the Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A practices. We are also interested in hearing from Italian qualified Bank Finance lawyers.
All applicants should possess the ability to develop and strengthen strong client relationships, be team players and look forward to the prospect of being part of a team that expects and encourages business development from an early stage.
to send your CV.
For your convenience, we have provided directions to our office via Google Maps. To use this feature, please enter your starting location in the box below.