Generally speaking, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. If this axiom holds true, then we can expect the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ("CFPB"), which turns five this year, to continue to exercise its broad authorities in unanticipated and surprising ways.
• Overview of 2015 and Implications for 2016
• Key Takeaways from 2015 Enforcement Actions
• Key Takeaways from 2015 Supervisory Activities
• Key Takeaways from 2015 Regulatory Activities and Important Initiatives for 2016
• Other Important Powers and Initiatives
• Implications for 2016 and Beyond
• Next Steps
• Appendix A: 2015 Enforcement Actions: Highlights of Notable Enforcement Actions by Sector
• Appendix B: 2015 Supervisory Activities: Highlights of Notable Supervisory Activities by Sector
Click here to download PDF.
This publication is provided for your convenience and does not constitute legal advice. This publication is protected by copyright.
© 2016 White & Case LLP