White & Case provides top-tier legal services worldwide to leading companies and financial institutions. This is exemplified by our global Sourcing and Technology Transactions practice (S&TT). Our lawyers have served as counsel to some of the world's most prominent companies in connection with their information technology and sourcing needs, including financial services institutions, energy companies, international food giants, apparel and cosmetics companies, multinational telecommunications companies and media and technology leaders.
Global Reach & Knowledge
Modern sourcing transactions reflect the globalization of the sourcing marketplace and the global reach of multi-national corporations. White & Case's S&TT practice is part of a global Intellectual Property Practice that is one of the largest of any full-service firm in the world, with practitioners in 27 offices in 16 countries, and reflects decades of professional experience worldwide helping our clients assess and overcome commercial, legal, regulatory and structural risks. In the United States, Latin America, China, India, Southeast Asia, Europe and Japan, White & Case has established long-term working relationships with private and public sector clients that rely on us. Our team is globally integrated and multi-lingual and has US, Latin- American, EU and Asia Pacific lawyers who seamlessly provide the highest quality services.
Together with our other leading practices, the S&TT practice applies its global capacity and experience to provide strategic and commercial advice to our clients and to advise on every legal aspect of a sourcing transaction, including employment, tax, insurance, privacy, data protection, regulatory, cross-border and intellectual property issues. We also have extensive experience in structuring sophisticated governance regimes for multi sourced environments and have been a world leader in incorporating ITIL, SEI and other IT standards based processes into our approach to sourcing transactions.
We advise clients on outsourcings and specialized information technology projects in the areas of:
- Computing & Infrastructure
- End User Computing
- Applications Sourcing
- Telecommunications & Network
- Cloud Computing Sourcing
Business Process Outsourcing
- Human Resources (including Employee Relationship Management)
- Supply Chain Management (including Procurement)
- Sales Force Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Facilities Management
- Knowledge Management
- Financial Services
Software Development & Licensing
- Software Licensing
- Software Development
- Systems Integration
- Open Source Code
Specialized Technology Transactions
- Joint Ventures and Joint Marketing Agreements
- Software as a Service
- Strategic Alliance and Partnering Agreements
- Internet Marketing
Our Sourcing & Technology Transactions practice is constantly recognized as one of the leading global practices.
- This technology practice handles high-value transactions, often in the financial services sector. Its clients comprise a broad spectrum of companies.
—Chambers USA 2010
- White & Case's main strength lies in its ability to handle regulatory, competition and transactional matters with relative ease.
—Chambers Europe 2010
- Market sources praise this team's capabilities in both transactional and contentious matters, and appreciate its manner of dealing with issues: "It understands business practice and concentrates on getting things done."
—Chambers Europe 2010 (Czech Republic)
- Sources Say: "They are willing to devote a huge amount of energy to a transaction."
—Chambers Europe 2010 (Germany)
- This firm continues to be a shining light on the TMT scene.
—Chambers Europe 2010 (Hungary)
- This firm offers expertise on space law and has the capacity and network to handle complex, cross-border IT and telecommunications issues.
—Chambers Europe 2010 (Sweden)
- "White & Case LLP is renowned for the team's outsourcing expertise..."
—Legal 500 2010
- The firm's technology practice encompasses both large-scale projects and outsourcings as well as pure IT work, including e-commerce, data protection and defence issues. The lawyers frequently act on big-ticket deals with investment banks and other blue-chip companies, and are commended for their commercial advice.
—Chambers UK 2009
- Clients are quick to highlight the team's high-quality service and the excellent value for money it represents.
—Chambers USA 2009
- Clients say that this practice's "business-minded" attorneys "bring to the table a wonderful weight of regulatory experience," in addition to well-documented expertise in financial services and cross-border data privacy issues. Other areas of strength include e-commerce and software agreements, technology licensing and acquisition and joint ventures.
—Chambers Global 2008
- Law Firm of the Year: Information Technology
—JUVE Handbook 2009/2010 and 2006/2007