As part of our global Sovereigns practice, we have significant experience representing sovereign wealth funds around the world, in particular on major strategic and opportunistic investments, investment vehicles and complex sovereign-related restructuring issues.
Our global reach and long-standing presence in key financial centers and emerging markets, coupled with our ability to offer counsel across US, English and local law, enables us to advise our sovereign wealth funds clients on their cross-border and domestic transactions, as well as the complex and dynamic global regulatory environment.
We also offer deep knowledge of key global industry sectors such as oil and gas, mining and metals and infrastructure, as well as more than a century's experience working around the world with major financial institutions.
In our representation of sovereigns and sovereign wealth funds we deal extensively with the laws and regulations of jurisdictions that restrict or limit the commercial investments and activities of sovereigns and sovereign-owned entities. We offer expertise, for example, on the laws and regulations relating to investments in banking organizations and in companies in the defense, telecommunications and other protected industries.
We represent our sovereign wealth fund clients across a broad range of legal services, including:
- Investments in funds and other investment vehicles
- Selection of investment advisers
- Alternative investment programs, including funds and asset management
- M&A transactions, including as co-investors, joint venture partners or alone
- Portfolio investments in financial and industrial entities
- Financial restructuring and insolvency advice in relation to investments
- Banking, securities and other regulatory matters
- Project financings
- Managing the impact of legislative change
- Advising on compliance programs, issues and best practices
- Tax structuring of investments