Ulf Johansson focuses on mergers and acquisitions and on fund formation.
Active in the mergers and acquisitions area, he has represented sellers, buyers, management and financial institutions, particularly in the area of private equity. Ulf regularly advises on various legal issues in connection with venture capital investments and private equity funds. In addition, Ulf regularly counsels clients on general corporate matters.
Ulf became a partner of White & Case as of January 1, 1998. He was based in White & Case's New York office in 1995-1996. Prior to joining White & Case in 1991, Ulf was an associate with a Swedish firm. He also served as a law clerk at the District Court of Malmö.
Recent transactions include:
Bars and Courts
- Assisted private equity fund EQT in the sale of Securitas Direct AB to a consortium formed by Bain Capital and Hellman & Freidman (deal value in excess of approximately SEK 21 billion. (2011)
- Acted as legal advisor to CellMark in the acquisition of the global minerals and chemicals trading business AIN from Constellium. (2011)
- Assisted private equity fund Altor in the acquisition of more than 200 pharmacies from the Swedish State. (2009)
- Acted as legal advisor to a Swedish mid-size private equity fund in the acquisition of a mining company. (2009)
- Assisted private equity fund Accent in connection with the acquisition of the business from Amcor Flexibles, including assents and plants. (2008)
- Represented private equity fund Accent in the selling of all shares in the Hydrauto Group to the Indian listed Wipro Group. Hydrauto—with production plants in Sweden and Finland—develops, manufactures and markets custom-made hydraulic cylinder solutions for mobile applications.
Swedish Bar, 1993
LLM, Juris kandidat, Lund University, 1987
Diploma in International Maritime Law, University of Oslo, Norway, 1985