Andrei is a head of Moscow office corporate/M&A practice. He specializes in mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and commercial projects in a broad range of industries, including energy and natural resources, telecommunications, FMCG and financial sector.
Andrei is listed as one of the top corporate/M&A lawyers in Russia in the latest editions of Chambers Global
(first-tier individual ranking), Chambers Europe, Legal 500
. He is an author and a lecturer of the M&A course at Moscow State University (MGU), Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), and Moscow State Law Academy (MGYuA).
Before joining White & Case in May 2010, Andrei was a partner at a leading international law firm in Moscow.
His experience includes:
- Advising the Russian investment and trading group Summa in connection with the multi-stage acquisition of a 49% stake in OAO "Far Eastern Shipping Company" (FESCO) and related acquisition finance from a syndicate of international banks. We also advised on the subsequent sale of a minority stake in FESCO to TPG Capital;
- Advising shareholders of the Russian Rosprombank (Rossiysky Promyishlenny Bank) in connection with the sale of 49.96 percent stake in the bank to the Cyprus based Marfin Popular Bank;
- Advising shareholders of Troika Dialog, the Russia based investment banking firm in connection its sale to Sberbank, the Russia based listed commercial bank;
- Advising Sberbank, the largest bank in Russia, Central and Eastern Europe, in connection with the acquisition of 75%-1 share in a Russian online payment service Yandex.Money LLC;
- Advising Sibur Holding in connection with the sale of certain tyre producing assets to the joint venture between Pirelli S.p.A. and State Corporation Russian Technologies;
- Advising Sibur Holding in connection with the long-term joint venture with TNK-BP (a 50/50 joint venture between British Petroleum and Russian Alfa group) with respect to the processing of the associated petroleum gas and further distribution of processing products;
- Advising owners of VSK, the Russian insurance company, in connection with the proposed sale of Reso-Garantia;
- Advising Svyazinvest in connection with a complex transaction with AFK Sistema and its group companies for the exchange of telecommunication assets;
- Advising Atomredmetzoloto in connection with a number of projects including on a potential joint venture with one of the largest Japanese diversified holding;
- Advising Alfa-Bank and Merrill Lynch on a sale by RAO UES of a 25.03% stake in OGK-5 through a public auction with four bidders: NOVATEK, E.ON, RUSAL and ENEL. ENEL became a winner of the auction in a tough competition with RUSAL with the highest price of USD 1.5 billion;
- Advising Norilsk Nickel group in connection with the US$3.1 billion acquisition through a public auction for the newly issued shares of OGK-3, one of the companies established in the course of reorganisation of RAO UES. Norilsk Nickel won in the fierce competition with Enel and Gazprom; and
- Advising in connection with the sale by RAO UES of shares in OAO TGK-10 to Fortum and on the sale of shares in OAO TGK-2 to a consortium consisting of RWE AG and Sintez Group.
Bars and Courts
Qualified to practice law in the Russian Federation, 1994
International Law Faculty, Moscow State Institute of International Relations, 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
Permanent expert at the corporate governance committee of Svyazinvest;
Member of Accenture Advisory Board;
Member of the board of trustees of the Anglo-Russian Law Association;
Member of the panel of experts of the national award for the best in-house legal department organized by Corporate Counsel Law Journal;
Member of the editorial board of the Kollegia Law Journal.
Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers, Russia Section published by Kluwer Law International, 2009;
Managing legal risks by hiring external consultants (taking M&A transaction as example), published by Kluwer, 2008;
The Practical Guide to International Corporate Governance, Russia Chapter, FIR Publication, 2005.