Mae Shan Chong is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice groups, based in Singapore.
Mae advises corporate and private equity clients as well as investment banks and hedge funds on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, buy-outs and corporate reorganisations.
Prior to joining White & Case, Mae worked for law firms in London, Singapore and Malaysia. Some of her recent experience includes advising:
- CLSA Clean Resources Fund in two rounds of investments in a water desalinization company whose primary business is developing energy recovery technology and development and operation of water production assets.
- CHAMP Private Equity on the acquisition of a 33.2 percent stake in ASX-listed Miclyn Express Offshore Ltd. by its associated funds for approximately US$207 million and CHAMP's entry into a related cooperation agreement with substantial shareholder Headland Capital Partners.
- PT Pertamina (Persero), Indonesia's national oil company, in its acquisition of Harvest Natural Resources Inc.'s (a New York Stock Exchange listed company) holding in Petrodelta SA, a company holding oil assets in Venezuela.
- The owners of the Pacific Plas Group of Companies in connection with the restructuring of their interests in a number of jurisdictions and the subsequent investment by Hong Kong based private equity fund AIF Capital. The business of the Pacific Plas Group is the manufacture and distribution of resin, rigid plastics and consumer packaging and ink formulation, conducted in Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia and China.
- EDBI Pte Ltd, the corporate investment arm of Singapore's Economic Development Board, in a Series D investment in Sotera Wireless Inc. through the subscription to preferred stock. Sotera Wireless Inc. is a biomedical technology development company based in the Silicon Valley, California.
- The senior management team of Openbet Technologies Limited (a leading software supplier to the eGaming industry) on the buyout of Openbet by private equity firm Vitruvian Partners.
- Sankaty Advisors, the credit affiliate of Bain Capital, on its acquisition of CapitalSource Finance's European portfolio.
- Oakley Capital Private Equity L.P. on its acquisition of a stake in Time Out Group Limited, a publisher of weekly listings and online guides.
- Octopus Investments Limited on its investment in the Duncton Group (now Moneybarn), a car financing business.
- Private equity firm LGV Capital Limited on its acquisition of Snow+Rock, an outdoor sports equipment retailer.
- Apax Partners LLP on its acquisition of Sophos plc, a leading IT security company.
- Funds managed by GSO Capital Partners LP, a hedge fund owned by the Blackstone Group, on the restructuring of the ALcontrol group by a debt for equity swap.
- Commerzbank AG in the sale of Kleinwort Benson Private Bank Limited to RHJ International SA.
- William Hill plc, a leading gambling and betting services provider listed on the London Stock Exchange in its joint venture with Playtech Limited, an AIM-listed online gaming software provider to create "William Hill Online".
- Merlin Entertainments Group, a leading European provider of leisure parks and a portfolio company of the Blackstone Group, on its acquisition of the London Aquarium.
Bars and Courts
England and Wales, 2003
Singapore Bar, 2001
Malaysian Bar, 1997
Barrister-at-law (Middle Temple), 1996
Masters in Finance, London Business School, 2004
MA, Cambridge University, 1999
BA, Cambridge University, 1995