Edit Hauser joined White & Case in April 2010 as a member of the Dispute Resolution practice group of the Budapest office. Edit was recently seconded to our Paris office where she spent four months in its EMEA Dispute Resolution team.
Edit's practice focuses on administrative, commercial and civil law litigation, as well as international and domestic arbitration. She has also been involved in several liquidation and insolvency proceedings.
Edit's recent experience includes advising both Hungarian and foreign companies, including:
- The Hungarian railway company in a US$1.24 billion (US) federal court class action litigation filed with the Illinois Northern District Court relating to claims arising from the World War II period in Hungary;
- A Slovakian bank, member of an Austrian group of banks, which was subject to a claim for damages in the amount of approximately €6.4 million by a Slovakian company before the arbitration court of the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Budapest;
- A UK-based global consumer goods company, which produces and markets health and personal care products, as defendant in a litigation pending before the Metropolitan Court relating to a claim for compensation for damage arising from the non-payment of certain shipping fees included in a transportation agreement; and
- Day-to-day advice to the Hungarian subsidiary of a Turkish ground handling operator.
Prior to joining White & Case, Edit was a trainee solicitor for two years at the Budapest office of another leading international law firm.
Significant experience at her previous firm includes advising:
- A large Hungarian telecommunications company and the Hungarian subsidiary of a major real estate investor, in their contractual disputes, tax litigations and property-related disputes before Hungarian ordinary courts and arbitration courts; and
- A large Hungarian energy company in a state aid matter before the European Court of First Instance.
Bars and Courts
Budapest Bar, 2011
JD, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, summa cum laude, 2007
In association with Réczicza White & Case LLP