Joshua Kiernan is a US qualified partner in the Firm's Capital Markets group in London and is Head of the Firm's Israel Practice. Josh concentrates on international securities work and cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
Joshua's equity experience includes SEC-registered IPOs and secondary offerings, Level I and Level II ADR programmes, private placements and Rule 144A offerings. He is also experienced in a variety of debt offerings, including high-yield bonds and sovereign debt. Many of these involve listings on one or more exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, the London Stock Exchange, the AIM and the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
Joshua regularly advises clients on a wide variety of US securities law issues. He advises underwriters on FINRA issues and offerings of debt and equity securities. In addition, he advises corporate clients on SEC compliance and corporate governance matters.
Joshua also advises corporations and private equity funds on complex cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and leveraged buyouts.
Josh's capital markets and M&A experience includes:
- Advising on the two largest ever Israeli IPOs: Josh represented the underwriters on the US$1.6 billion Tel Aviv Stock Exchange and Rule 144A IPO and privatization of Oil Refineries Ltd. and represented Africa Israel and AFI Development on the US$1.4 billion London Stock Exchange and Rule 144A IPO of AFI Development;
- Representation of underwriters, including Bank of America Merill Lynch, Barclays, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley and UBS in connection with numerous SEC-registered IPOs and follow-on offerings by companies such as SodaStream, MediaMind, Ormat, Aladdin Knowledge Systems, Wintegra, ECI Telecom, Ituran Location & Control and PowerDsine;
- Representation of numerous Israeli technology and life sciences companies, including Allot Communications, Voltaire, Saifun and Given Imaging, on their initial public offerings on NASDAQ;
- Representation of the underwriters on the London Stock Exchange and AIM IPOs of companies in the real estate, telecoms and chemicals industries, including Makhteshim-Agan, Mirland Development, O12 Golden Lines and Plaza Centers;
- Representation of RGI, Frutarom, AFI Development, Strauss-Elite and Dor Energy, on their initial public offerings on the London Stock Exchange and the AIM;
- Representation of underwriters in connection with convertible bond offerings by Makhteshim-Agan and Audiocodes;
- Representation of Morgan Stanley on a €195 million secondary offering of shares in Warsaw Stock Exchange-listed GTC Real Estate by its controlling shareholder, Kardan N.V., and represented the underwriters on the proposed Warsaw Stock Exchange IPO of AFI Europe;
- Represented TNK, one of Russia's leading oil and gas companies, in connection with a US$400 million issue of loan participation notes, including a Rule 144A tranche and a follow-on tap issue of US$300 million;
- Represented Barry Callebaut, the world's largest chocolate manufacturer, in connection with its €165 million high yield bond offering pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S;
- Represented Strauss-Elite on the sale of a 30% stake in its international coffee business in a controlled auction process to TPG;
- Represented Frutarom on the acquisition of the European assets of IFF; and
- Represented Cable & Wireless on its acquisition of a 20 percent stake in Bezeq and on the subsequent sale of its stake for US$630 million.
Bars and Courts
New York State Bar, 1994
JD, Brooklyn Law School, 1993
BA, Columbia University, 1988