Laleh is an associate in our Energy, Infrastructure, Project and Asset Finance Group based in the UAE. Prior to joining the Firm in the UAE, Laleh practiced in our London and Paris offices. She has also worked in the Singapore office of another leading international law firm. She has experience in a wide variety of project finance and development transactions, with a focus on the energy and renewables sector.
Representative transactions include:
- Representation of IFC and other development financial institutions in connection with project financing of a series of solar power projects in Jordan, comprising a majority of the Round 1 solar power programme in Jordan.
- Representation of IFC and local lender(s) in relation to the proposed financing of the Kabeli run-of-the river hydroelectric power project in Nepal;
- Representation of ADB, IFC, IsDB and K-EXIM on the project financing of the Patrind hydro power project in Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Pakistan;
- Representation of ADB, IFC, IsDB and PROPARCO in connection with project financing of New Bong Escape hydro-electric project in Pakistan;
- Representation of ADB, IsDB, KDB and the commercial lenders on the multi-sourced financing of LUKOIL’s Khauzak-Shady upstream gas development project in Uzbekistan, involving political risk cover from two multilateral institutions;
- Representation of a syndicate of lenders (including EXIM Bank of Malaysia and Citibank) in connection with project financing of Banten IPP in West Java, Indonesia;
- Representation of ADB, EBRD, and DEG in connection with project financing of the international passenger terminal of Zvartnots airport in Yerevan, Armenia;
- Representation of the European Investment Bank (EIB), ASN Bank, Belfius Bank, BNP Paribas Fortis, ING Belgium, KfW Ipex Bank, PensionDanmark, RaboBank International, the Norwegian government, Eksport Kredit Fonden, GIEK, and the Office National Du Ducroire/Nationale Delcrederedienst on the EUR€890 million financing of Northwind Offshore Energy's wind project in Belgium's North Sea;
- Representation of the joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo in connection with project financing of the Rabigh integrated petroleum refining and petrochemical project in Saudi Arabia;
- Representation of JBIC, and the international commercial banks in connection with the US$20 billion project financing of the Sakhalin II (Phase 2) integrated oil & gas and LNG Project in Russia;
- Representation of Nord Stream AG in connection with the construction and financing of the Nord Stream gas pipeline through the Baltic Sea;
- Acting for US Ex-Im Bank and a syndicate of international banks in connection with the US$2.1 billion construction and financing of a greenfield gas-fired IPP in Saudi Arabia; and
- Representation of Egypt Hydrocarbon Corporation (an affiliate of Carbon Holdings Limited), as borrower, in connection with the project development of a nitric acid and ammonium nitrate complex in the Suez region of Egypt.
- Representation of a syndicate of lenders in connection with project financing of Odebrecht ODN I and ODN II offshore oil drillships in Brazil.
Bars and Courts
England and Wales, 2009
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, London
M.A. (Cantab), Law, University of Cambridge
MA, Columbia University
BA, University of California, Berkeley