David Crook | White & Case LLP International Law Firm, Global Law Practice
David Crook
David Crook

David Crook

Partner, London

T +44 20 7532 2105

E dcrook@whitecase.com

Overview

A partner in the Firm's London Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions Practice, David Crook supports clients on international M&A and joint ventures.

Widely recognised as a leading practitioner within this field, David's reputation is based on a strong track record working on multijurisdictional deals in major industry sectors such as energy and natural resources, financial institutions, and chemicals.

David's broad sector knowledge is matched by the international dimension to his transactional background: adept at executing domestic and cross-border deals for corporate and financial institution clients, he has significant experience advising on transactions in high-growth markets, such as Turkey and Russia.

Prior to joining the Firm in 2011, David spent ten years as a partner at another leading international law firm, where he was co-head of the Firm's Chemicals Sector Group.

Bars and Courts

  • England and Wales

Education

  • LLB, Christ's College, Cambridge

Languages

  • English

Experience

The Cukurova Group, 2016

Advising The Cukurova Group on the sale by its affiliate, Fintur Technologies BV, to beIN Media Group of its interest in the Digiturk Group, the leading pay-TV operator in Turkey.

Synthos S.A, 2016

Advising Synthos S.A., one of the largest manufacturers of chemical raw materials in Poland, on its acquisition of INEOS Enterprises' expandable polystyrene (EPS) business, INEOS Styrenics.

Sibur, 2016

Advising Sibur, the leading Russian petrochemical company, on the English law aspects of its acquisition of the Tobolskaya power plant from Fortum.

Kumport terminal acquisition, 2015

Advising a consortium including China Merchants Holdings and COSCO Pacific on their acquisition of a majority stake in the Kumport terminal near Istanbul from the Fiba Group.

Yildiz Holding, 2015

Advising Yildiz Holding on the sale of a majority stake in Ak Gida, the Turkish dairy products company, to French purchaser Lactalis.

Miniclip, 2015

Advising the owners of Miniclip, the mobile and online game publisher, on the sale of a majority stake to Tencent Holdings and the related shareholders' agreement.

Independent Petroleum Company, 2014

Advising Independent Petroleum Company on the establishment of a joint venture with Alliance Group, a leading independent oil and gas player, to which Alliance contributed its vertically integrated operations in Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine, as well as certain other assets. IPC contributed its oil and gas assets in Russia, which include a number of oil and gas exploration and production companies.

VTB Capital, 2014

Advising VTB Capital on its investment in Russian Fitness Group, which runs the World Class and FizKult fitness club chains.

Independent Petroleum Company, 2014

Advising Independent Petroleum Company on its acquisition of indirect control over companies with the subsoil rights to the Koptevsky site and the Spartakovsky subsoil plot in the Saratov region of the Russian Federation. David also advised IPC on its acquisition of companies holding the licenses to the Payakhskoe and Severo-Payakhskii fields.

Viko, 2013

Advising the owners of Viko, the wiring device manufacturer based in Turkey, on the sale of a 90% interest in the company to Panasonic and the arrangements relating to the remaining 10% interest.

Transmashholding, 2013

Advising Transmashholding on the proposed joint venture with Remlokomotiv and GE in Kazakhstan relating to the production of diesel engines for locomotives.

AAR Consortium, 2013

Advising the AAR Consortium (Alfa Group, Access Industries and Renova), as co-counsel, on the sale of its 50% stake in TNK-BP to Rosneft.

VTB Capital, Bromak, 2012

Advising VTB Capital and its Bulgarian partner, Bromak, on their consortium's participation in the restructuring of the Vivacom business in Bulgaria.

Dexia, 2012

Advising Dexia on the sale of its Turkish unit, DenizBank, to Sberbank of Russia.

Awards & Recognition

Leading Lawyer, Chambers Global 2014

Corporate/M&A – UK

Leading Lawyer, Chambers Europe 2014, Chambers Global 2014

Corporate/M&A – Russia