Our Global Pro Bono Practice
Our Global Pro Bono Practice, launched in 2010 and building on our 100+ year history of pro bono work, has grown to one of the largest in the world. In 2021 we provided 113,100 hours of free legal services.
Our Pro Bono Response to Coronavirus
In this time of uncertainty, we are engaged in meaningful pro bono work aimed at alleviating the COVID-19 pandemic. Examples include:
- Joining the Norrsken Foundation's Action Against Corona initiative via our Stockholm office, which supports startups that are developing solutions for those affected by the global coronavirus pandemic.
- Researching and analyzing emergency decrees announced in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Asia, Africa and the EU for a global humanitarian aid organization.
- Supporting nonprofits and small businesses across the United States in applying for financial relief through the recently enacted Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security ("CARES") Act.
- Providing general corporate advice to non-governmental organizations and social enterprises on legal issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Fighting racial injustice
US justice system reform and eliminating racial inequities has long been a key focus of our pro bono practice. You can read an overview of our work here.
Other matters include:
- Representing the children of Flint, Michigan
- $27.17 million jury award for a man wrongfully imprisoned for 27 years
- Successful resentencing for a juvenile lifer
- Analyzing policies for the use of police body-worn cameras
- Successful Clemency Project representations