Alessia Sommadossi is an associate in the Milan office and her main areas of practice are Banking and Finance and Restructuring and Insolvency. Alessia regularly assists corporates, financial institutions and investment funds in the context of domestic and cross-border financings, leveraged and acquisition finance transactions, corporate lending and real estate finance transactions. Alessia also has significant experience in the area of financial restructurings.
Prior to joining White & Case, Alessia practiced in the Banking and Finance department of an Italian major law firm.
Bars and Courts
- Tikehau Investment Management SAS in connection with the €35 million PIK financing for the acquisition of Tapì S.p.A., a company leader in the production of closures for the premium and super premium beverage segments, by Stirling Square Capital Partners.
- The lenders in connection with a €146 million senior term and revolving credit facilities agreement to finance the acquisition of Tapì S.p.A., a company leader in the production of closures for the premium and super premium beverage segments, by Stirling Square Capital Partners.
- A US investment fund in connection with the financing for the acquisition and renovation of an historic and iconic luxury hotel located in the heart of Rome.
- Esselunga Group in connection with the €435 million acquisition from UniCredit of 32.5 percent of the share capital of La Villata S.p.A. Immobiliare di Investimento e Sviluppo, the real estate holding company of Esselunga Group which owns more than 80 buildings used by Esselunga as stores of GDO. Through this acquisition Esselunga Group acquires full control of La Villata S.p.A.
- Cobepa in connection with the €230 million financing granted by a pool of lenders for the acquisition of Salice S.p.A., a world leader in the field of opening systems, fittings for furniture and wardrobe accessories, and its Italian and foreign subsidiaries.
- A pool of banks in connection with a €200 million credit facility granted to Industrie De Nora and a US$100 million credit facility granted to De Nora Holdings US, for the purpose of refinancing existing indebtedness and supporting the working capital needs and general corporate purposes of the group.
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., as arranger, and, with a different team, Banca Popolare di Bari S.p.A. in connection with the issue of two classes of notes in the context of a €320 million securitisation of receivables originated by Pitagora S.p.A. and assisted by the assignment of up to one fifth of the borrowers' salary or pension, or by the assignment of the so-called "fine servizio" component or by payment delegation. The senior notes were subscribed by Banca Popolare di Bari S.p.A. and the junior notes by Pitagora S.p.A.
Corporate and M&A
- BC Partners LLP in connection with its co-controlling investment, together with US global private investment firm Bain Capital Private Equity, in Fedrigoni S.p.A.