Anthony Johnson is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group, and is resident in the New York office. Anthony focuses on the representation of corporate clients and private equity funds in connection with domestic and global mergers, acquisitions and equity investments in a broad range of industries.
Recent matters include the representation of:
- Toys "R" Us on WHP Global's significant minority investment in and strategic partnership with TRU Kids Parent LLC, parent company to the Toys "R" Us and Babies "R" Us brands.
- Soaring Eagle Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: SRNG), a SPAC, in its US$15 billion business combination with Ginkgo Bioworks, Inc., a synthetic biology company, which uses technology to program cells for a potentially wide variety of uses, including fragrances and sweeteners, as well as mRNA vaccines and animal-free proteins.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Corporation (NYSE: MIC) in the US$514 million sale of the MIC Hawaii businesses, a regulated gas utility and unregulated propane distributor, to an affiliate of Argo Infrastructure Partners LP. The transaction will be completed after the completion of a reorganization pursuant to which Macquarie Infrastructure Holdings, LLC, a newly formed entity, will become the publicly traded parent company of MIC, and the subsequent US$4.475 billion sale of MIC, and its Atlantic Aviation business, to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P.
- Flying Eagle Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: FEAC), a SPAC, in its US$4.3 billion business combination with Skillz Inc., a mobile-gaming company based in California.
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings III, Inc. (NYSE: VPCC), a SPAC sponsored by Victory Park Capital, in its US$4 billion business combination with Dave Inc., a financial platform.
- SES Holdings Pte. Ltd., a developer and manufacturer of high-performance hybrid lithium-metal rechargeable batteries for electric vehicles, in its US$3.6 billion business combination with Ivanhoe Capital Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: IVAN), a SPAC focused on electrification of society and industry.
- Landcadia Holdings III, Inc. (NASDAQ: LCY), a SPAC, in its US$2.642 billion acquisition of HMAN Group Holdings Inc., the parent company of The Hillman Group, Inc., a leading distributor of hardware and home improvement products, personal protective equipment and robotic kiosk technologies, from CCMP Capital Advisors, LP.
- ION Acquisition Corp 1 Ltd. (NYSE: IACA), a SPAC, in its US$2.6 billion business combination with Taboola.com Ltd., an Israeli private company and a global leader in powering recommendations for the open web.
- Fusion Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: FUSE), a SPAC, in its US$2.2 billion business combination with MoneyLion Inc., America's leading digital financial platform.
- Diamond S Shipping Inc., one of the largest publicly listed owners and operators of crude and product tankers, in its US$2 billion merger with International Seaways, Inc., one of the largest tanker companies worldwide providing energy transportation services for crude oil and petroleum products.
- FG New America Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: FGNA), a SPAC, in its US$800 million business combination with Opportunity Financial, LLC, a leading financial technology platform that focuses on helping middle income, credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through affordable personal loans.
- Grupo Verzatec in its pending US$360 million acquisition of the engineered materials business of Crane Co.
- Al-Rayyan Holding LLC, an affiliate of Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), on its investment in the US$300 million equity financing round of Age of Learning, Inc., a privately held education company whose programs blend education best practices, innovative technology, and insightful creativity to create engaging and effective educational experiences, which was led by TPG.
- Priority Power Management, LLC, an independent energy management services and consulting firm, in its acquisition of Satori Enterprises LLC (d/b/a Satori Energy), a leading energy consulting firm based out of Chicago, Illinois serving more than 55,000 industrial, municipal and residential clients in 25 states, the District of Columbia, Canada and Mexico.
- Pernod Ricard, SA, the world's second-largest distiller, in its acquisition of a majority interest in Rabbit Hole Spirits, LLC, a US premium bourbon brand based in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Brookfield Infrastructure, which partnered with GIC Special Investments, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, and institutional partners of Brookfield Asset Management, to acquire Genesee & Wyoming Inc., a freight railroad owner and operator based in the United States, in a deal valued at US$8.4 billion.
- Landcadia Holdings II, Inc. (NASDAQ: LCA), a SPAC, in its US$745 million acquisition of Golden Nugget Online Gaming, Inc. (GNOG), one of the nation's leading online casinos, from Landry's Fertitta LLC, part of the Landry's group of restaurant and hospitality businesses.
- Newlight Partners LP on an equity investment in the amount of up to US$100 million into Bioenergy Development Group Holdco, LLC and its subsidiaries, a group of companies based primarily in Delaware, Maryland and Italy developing and implementing anaerobic digestion technologies in the United States and overseas.
- Harvest Partners in:
- its sale of TruckPro Holding Corp., one of the nation's largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, to an affiliate of Platinum Equity; and
- an investment in MRI Software, a leading provider of real estate management software solutions globally.
- NTT DATA, Inc., a recognized leader in global information technology services, in:
- its acquisition of Nexient, LLC, a US-based software services firm; and
- its acquisition of Net eSolutions Corp., a provider of digital design and transformation services for US Department of Health and Human Services agencies.
- I Squared Capital Advisors and its portfolio company American Intermodal Management (AIM) in a joint venture with Castle & Cooke Investments and its portfolio company Flexi-Van Leasing, whereby AIM will be combined with Flexi-Van, the third largest marine chassis provider in the United States.
- I Squared Capital Advisors (US) LLC in its acquisition of Star Leasing, a leading trailer lessor in the United States.
- CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition, with minority co-investor Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), of a majority stake in the international agencies of BlueFocus Intelligent Communications Group Co., Ltd., a leading publicly-traded Chinese marketing services conglomerate.
- Sole Source Capital LLC, an industrial-focused private equity firm, and its portfolio company, Peak-Ryzex, a value-added reseller of barcoding and data collection solutions across North America, in its acquisition of Inovity, Inc., a value-added reseller of AIDC labels, media and hardware for healthcare, manufacturing and industrial end-markets.
- Entrepreneurial Equity Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm focused on making investments in the food and consumer packaged goods industries, in its acquisition of Grecian Delight Foods, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of Greek and Mediterranean inspired cuisine.
- NICE Ltd. (NASDAQ: NICE), the world's leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions that empower organizations to make smarter decisions based on advanced analytics of structured and unstructured data, in entering into a definitive agreement to acquire Guardian Analytics, a leading AI cloud-based financial crime risk management solution provider.