Anthony is an associate in the Employment, Compensation & Benefits group within the Firm's Mergers & Acquisitions practice where he provides counsel to public and privately held companies, financial institutions, and corporate executives on an array of employment, executive compensation and employee benefits matters, particularly in the context of domestic and international corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, SPAC transactions, and financing arrangements.
Representative matters include the representation of:
- Soaring Eagle Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: SRNG), a SPAC, in its US$15 billion business combination with Ginkgo Bioworks, Inc., a synthetic biology company, which uses technology to program cells for a potentially wide variety of uses, including fragrances and sweeteners, as well as mRNA vaccines and animal-free proteins.
- Panasonic Corp. in its US$8.5 billion acquisition of the remaining 80 percent of the capital stock interests of Blue Yonder, a leading end-to-end, digital fulfillment platform provider.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Corporation (NYSE: MIC) in the US$514 million sale of the MIC Hawaii businesses, a regulated gas utility and unregulated propane distributor, to an affiliate of Argo Infrastructure Partners LP. The transaction will be completed after the completion of a reorganization pursuant to which Macquarie Infrastructure Holdings, LLC, a newly formed entity, will become the publicly traded parent company of MIC, and the subsequent US$4.475 billion sale of MIC, and its Atlantic Aviation business, to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P.
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings III, Inc. (NYSE: VPCC), a SPAC sponsored by Victory Park Capital, in its US$4 billion business combination with Dave Inc., a financial platform.
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings II (NASDAQ: VPCB), a SPAC sponsored by Victory Park Capital, in its US$2.5 billion business combination with FinAccel, the parent of artificial intelligence-enabled digital consumer credit platform Kredivo.
- Zanite Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: ZNTE), a SPAC focused on the aviation sector, in its US$2.4 billion business combination agreement with Embraer S.A., a Brazilian multinational aerospace manufacturer, to acquire EVE UAM, LLC, an Urban Air Mobility business.
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming, Inc. (NASDAQ: GNOG) and the Special Committee of its Board of Directors in the US$1.56 billion acquisition of GNOG by DraftKings Inc., a leading digital sports entertainment and gaming company.
- An affiliate of Morgan Stanley Infrastructure in its US$1.3 billion acquisition of SpecialtyCare, Inc., a leading national platform with an established network for providing outsourced clinical services to hospital operating rooms and provider of perfusion, intraoperative neuromonitoring and surgical services.
- Al-Rayyan Holding LLC, an affiliate of Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), sovereign wealth fund of the State of Qatar, on its investment in the US$300 million equity financing round of Age of Learning, Inc., a privately held education company whose programs blend education best practices, innovative technology, and insightful creativity to create engaging and effective educational experiences, which was led by TPG.
- QH Oil Investments LLC, an affiliate of QIA, on its investment in the US$116 million Series B financing of Entrada Therapeutics, Inc., a privately held biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases using intracellular biologics, which was led by Wellington Management Company.
- QIA on its participation in the US$110 million Series B financing of T-Knife Therapeutics, a T-cell receptor company building a pipeline of innovative therapeutics for solid tumor patients.
- NovaQuest Capital Management LLC in its acquisition of Spectra Medical Devices, Inc., a leading manufacturer of procedural needles and distributor of generic injectable drug products.
- Klarna Bank AB, a leading BNPL provider and Europe's most valuable fintech unicorn, on its acquisition of Hero Towers. Hero Towers is the UK-based operator of "Hero," the UK's leading "social shopping" e-commerce platform, which connects millions of shoppers with product experts via text, chat and video, all directly from a brand's e-commerce store.
- DIF Capital Partners, a leading global independent infrastructure investment fund manager, through its fund DIF Infrastructure VI, in its acquisition of Bernhard LLC, the largest privately owned Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS) solutions company in the US, from an affiliate of Bernhard Capital Partners.
- NewQuest Capital Partners, a secondaries private equity platform focused on the Asia-Pacific region, in:
- the sale of Grail Research, Inc., a market research firm and a business unit of Integreon, Inc., to Escalent, a Symphony Technology Group portfolio company.
- the sale of its portfolio company, Integreon, Inc., a leading global managed services provider, to EagleTree Capital.
- NTT DATA, Inc., a recognized leader in global information technology services, in its acquisition of Nexient, LLC, a US-based software services firm.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), a global investment group managing funds for public retirement and insurance plans, in its acquisition of a majority ownership in Wizeline, Inc., a global technology services provider.
- Piovan S.p.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of automation systems for the storage, conveying and processing of polymers, bio-resins, recycled plastic, food fluids, food and non-food powders, on the acquisition of Sewickley Capital, Inc., the owner of IPEG, from the selling shareholders of Sewickley Capital.
- Certares Management LLC in a majority investment transaction, where the target group was comprised of three privately held affiliated companies operating in the travel space.
- Jersey Mike's Franchise Systems, Inc. in the issuance and sale under an existing whole business securitization by Jersey Mike's Funding, LLC, a special purpose vehicle subsidiary of Jersey Mike's Franchise Systems, Inc., of US$250 million Series 2021-1 2.891% fixed-rate senior secured notes, Class A-2-I and US$250 million Series 2021-1 2.493% fixed-rate senior secured notes, Class A-2-II.