Elena A. Baca
Elena A. Baca is an associate in the Global M&A Practice Group and a member of the Real Estate Industry Group, based in the Chicago office.
Elena's practice focuses on acquisitions, dispositions, financings and office and retail leasing.
Elena is listed in "The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch" for Real Estate Law by Best Lawyers (2021).
Representative matters include the representation of:
- A retail real estate company on a modification of a US$400 million loan secured by four retail centers in Illinois, Washington and Connecticut.
- A consortium composed of Brookfield Infrastructure, its institutional partners and GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, on the US$8.4 billion acquisition of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NYSE:GWR), a freight railroad owner and operator based in the United States. This transaction was named "Private Equity Deal of the Year" by IFLR (2020).
- Avon Rubber p.l.c. (LSE: AVON), a leading provider of life critical personal protection systems to military and first responder markets, in its US$130 million acquisition of Team Wendy, LLC, a leading supplier of critical protective systems including helmets and helmet liner and retention systems for military and first responders.
- Hg in its investment in Intelerad Medical Systems, a leading global provider of medical imaging software and enterprise workflow solutions.
- Pernod Ricard in its acquisition of a majority interest in Rabbit Hole Spirits, LLC, a US premium bourbon brand, and its acquisition of Firestone & Robertson Distilling, a leading whiskey portfolio and owner of the TX brand.
Representative matters prior to joining the Firm include the representation of:
- Heitman in the acquisition of a recently-developed Class A multi-family property in Charlotte, North Carolina. The developer and seller was Crescent Communities, an affiliate of Goldman Sachs.
- A developer in connection with the acquisition of land and construction financing for multi-family properties totaling over US$100 million.
- A large private equity investment fund in connection with various dispositions of senior housing assets totaling over US$200 million.
- A seller in connection with the US$121.5 million sale of an office building in Illinois.
- A large private equity investment fund in connection with the financing of office buildings in Illinois and Washington, D.C., including a US$121 million mortgage loan,a US$44 million mortgage and a US$11 million mezzanine loan.
- A seller in connection with the US$73 million sale of a hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
- An owner in all aspects of commercial leasing in projects totaling more than 1 million square feet, including a 35-story, 737,308 rentable square foot office building on Michigan Avenue in Chicago, Illinois, including a lease of more than 64,000 square feet.
Case Briefs - Bankruptcy, Guarantees, Insurance, Leases, Lenders, Sublease, Shopping Center Law & Strategy, Summer 2017
Listed in "The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch" for Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers, 2021