Elena A. Baca
Elena A. Baca is an associate in the Global M&A Practice Group and a member of the Real Estate Industry Group, based in the Chicago office.
Elena's practice focuses on acquisitions, dispositions, financings and office and retail leasing.
Representative matters include the representation of:
- A retail real estate company on a modification of a US$400 million loan secured by four retail centers in Illinois, Washington and Connecticut.
- A consortium composed of Brookfield Infrastructure, its institutional partners and GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, on the US$8.4 billion acquisition of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NYSE:GWR), a freight railroad owner and operator based in the United States. This transaction was named "Private Equity Deal of the Year" by IFLR (2020).
- Hg in its investment in Intelerad Medical Systems, a leading global provider of medical imaging software and enterprise workflow solutions.
- Pernod Ricard in its acquisition of a majority interest in Rabbit Hole Spirits, LLC, a US premium bourbon brand, and its acquisition of Firestone & Robertson Distilling, a leading whiskey portfolio and owner of the TX brand.
Representative matters prior to joining the Firm include the representation of:
- Heitman in the acquisition of a recently-developed Class A multi-family property in Charlotte, North Carolina. The developer and seller was Crescent Communities, an affiliate of Goldman Sachs.
- A developer in connection with the acquisition of land and construction financing for multi-family properties totaling over US$100 million.
- A large private equity investment fund in connection with various dispositions of senior housing assets totaling over US$200 million.
- A seller in connection with the US$121.5 million sale of an office building in Illinois.
- A large private equity investment fund in connection with the financing of office buildings in Illinois and Washington, D.C., including a US$121 million mortgage loan, a US$44 million mortgage and a US$11 million mezzanine loan.
- A seller in connection with the US$73 million sale of a hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
- An owner in all aspects of commercial leasing in projects totaling more than 1 million square feet, including a 35-story, 737,308 rentable square foot office building on Michigan Avenue in Chicago, Illinois, including a lease of more than 64,000 square feet.
Case Briefs - Bankruptcy, Guarantees, Insurance, Leases, Lenders, Sublease, Shopping Center Law & Strategy, Summer 2017