Elliott M. Smith
Elliott Smith is a partner at White & Case, and a member of the Firm's Capital Markets Practice.
Elliott’s practice focuses on advising clients on corporate and securities matters, including IPOs, follow-on offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities. Elliott has particular experience representing SPACs and their sponsor teams in IPOs and back-end business combinations.
Elliott also advises public companies on corporate governance matters and compliance with federal securities laws, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010.
Columbus School of Law
Elliott's experience prior to joining White & Case includes:
Securities Offerings – Issuer's Counsel
- An aggregate of US$2.0 billion in senior notes oﬀerings for a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-traded international producer of wine, beer and spirits
- US$690 million initial public oﬀering (IPO) of CF Corporation (Nasdaq: CFCO)
- US$500 million IPO of Double Eagle Acquisition Corp.
- US$325 million IPO of Platinum Eagle Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: EAGL)
- US$300 million IPO of Silver Eagle Acquisition Corp.
- US$250 million IPO of Landcadia Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: LCA)
- US$240 million IPO of AR Capital Acquisition Corp (Nasdaq: AUMA)
- US$150 million IPO of Levy Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: LEVY)
- US$125 million IPO of ROI Acquisition Corp. II (Nasdaq: ROIQ)
- US$190 million follow-on oﬀering for Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT)
- US$95 million follow-on oﬀering for AG Mortgage Investment Trust, Inc. (NYSE: MITT)
- US$550 million private placement of senior notes for NYSE-traded global developer of solar photovoltaic systems followed by a registered exchange oﬀer on Form S-4
- US$310 million private placement of high yield senior secured notes and warrants for a government IT contractor, followed by a registered exchange oﬀer on Form S-4
- US$148 million private placement of senior secured notes, shares, and warrants for a privately held biofuel manufacturing company
- US$10 million rights oﬀering to the existing security holders of Nasdaq-traded hotel real estate investment trust (REIT)
Securities Oﬀerings – Underwriter's Counsel
- Representation of UBS Securities LLC and Barclays Capital Inc., in connection with CIIG Merger Corp.'s in its US$250 million initial public oﬀering
- Representation of Cantor Fitzgerald & Co., in the US$200 million IPO of Mudrick Capital Acquisition Corporation (Nasdaq: MUDS)
- Representation of Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated, and Piper Jaﬀray & Co. as joint book- running managers in the US$103 million public oﬀering by the selling stockholders of Tile Shop Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: TTS)
- Representation of Barclays Capital Inc. and UBS Securities LLC as joint book-running managers in the US$400 million public oﬀering of senior notes issued by a NYSE-traded healthcare REIT
- Representation of Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. and Credit Agricole Securities (USA) Inc. in the US$90 million continuous "at-the- market" equity oﬀering of common stock of a NYSE-traded healthcare REIT
- Representation of the underwriter in the U.S. IPO and multi-jurisdictional private placement of common shares of a satellite integrator involving the roll-up of two U.S.-based integrators and IT government contractors
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Representation of Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp. in its acquisition of DraftKings Inc. and SBTech, to become one public company, DraftKings
- Representation of CF Corporation in its US$2.2 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life (NYSE: FGL)
- Representation of Double Eagle Acquisition Corp. in its US$1.1 billion acquisition of Williams Scotsman International, Inc. (Nasdaq: WSC)
- Representation of The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) in its acquisition of Devcon Security from Golden Gate Capital
- Representation of Tyco International Ltd. (NYSE: TYC) and ADT in the acquisition of Absolute Security
- Representation of Silver Eagle Acquisition Corp. in its US$330 million business combination with Videocon d2h Limited (Nasdaq: VDTH)
- Representation of Global Eagle Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: ENT) in its US$430 million business combination in which it purchased Row 44, Inc., and 86 percent of the shares of Frankfurt-listed Advanced Inﬂight Alliance AG (GR: DVN1)
- Representation of JWC Acquisition Corp. in its US$500 million business combination with Tile Shop Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: TTS)
- Representation of a Nasdaq-traded supplier of circuit protection products in its acquisition of a sensor technology company from Key Safety Systems, and its acquisition of an electronic control and protection company.
- Representation of a NYSE-traded multinational industrial and consumer products company in a US$1 billion stock and asset purchase involving the transfer of assets in 32 countries
- Representation of CSC, formerly Computer Sciences Corp. (NYSE: CSC), in its acquisition of BearingPoint's Brazilian operations