Elliott M. Smith
Elliott Smith is a partner at White & Case, and a member of the Firm's Capital Markets Practice.
Elliott’s practice focuses on advising clients on corporate and securities matters, including IPOs, follow-on offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities. Elliott has particular experience representing SPACs and their sponsor teams in IPOs and back-end business combinations.
Elliott also advises public companies on corporate governance matters and compliance with federal securities laws, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010.
Columbus School of Law
Elliott's experience includes:
SPAC Initial Public Offerings
- Represented Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC and Guggenheim Securities, LLC as representatives of the underwriters on Pontem Corporation's US$690 million IPO
- Represented Landcadia Holdings III, Inc. in its US$575 million IPO
- Represented Fusion Acquisition Corp. II in its US$435million IPO
- Represented Ascendant Digital Acquisition Corp. in its US$414 IPO
- Represented BYTE Acquisition Corp. in its US$300 million IPO
SPAC Business Combinations
- Represented Flying Eagle Acquisition Corp. in its US$3.5 billion business combination with Skillz, Inc.
- Represented Landcadia Holdings III, Inc. in its US$2.642 billion business combination with HMAN Group Holdings Inc., the parent company of The Hillman Group, Inc. (pending)
- Represented Fusion Acquisition Corp. in its US$2.4 billion business combination with MoneyLion, Inc. (pending)
- Represented dMY Technology Group, Inc. in its US$1.78 billion business combination with Rush Street Interactive, LP
- Represented Netfin Acquisition Corp. in its US$674 million cross-border business combination with Triterras Fintech Pte Ltd
Band 2, Chambers USA, 2022-2021, SPACs