Emily Pope is an associate in the Firm's Global M&A Practice Group and a member of the Real Estate Industry Group. She is based in the Chicago office. Emily focuses her practice on real estate acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financings and leases. Emily advises a variety of clients, including public and private companies, international banking institutions and real estate developers, among others. She is experienced in working with mixed-use, retail, office, multifamily, industrial, and unimproved real estate.
Representative matters at White & Case include:
- Representation of Landcadia Holdings III, Inc. (NASDAQ: LCY), a SPAC, in its US$2.642 billion acquisition of HMAN Group Holdings Inc., the parent company of The Hillman Group, Inc., a leading distributor of hardware and home improvement products, personal protective equipment and robotic kiosk technologies, from CCMP Capital Advisors, LP.
- Representation of Sole Source Capital LLC, an industrial-focused private equity firm, on its acquisition of I.D. Images, a manufacturer of high-quality durable and graphic intensive labels.
Representative matters prior to joining White & Case include:
- Representation of US lead arrangers and lenders in middle-market financing transactions with loan amounts of up to US$200 million.
- Representation of real estate company on the modification of a US$145 million loan.
- Representation of a major retailer, a national educational institution and a transportation company in lease negotiations, acquisitions and dispositions throughout the US.
- Representation of a major retailer and a manufacturing company in real estate matters related to Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructuring.
- Representation of client in US$400 million portfolio acquisition of US ski resorts.