Emily Pope is an associate in the Firm's Global M&A Practice Group and a member of the Real Estate Industry Group. She is based in the Chicago office. Emily focuses her practice on real estate acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financings and leases. Emily advises a variety of clients, including public and private companies, international banking institutions and real estate developers, among others. She is experienced in working with mixed-use, retail, office, multifamily, industrial, and unimproved real estate.
Representative matters prior to joining White & Case include:
- Representation of US lead arrangers and lenders in middle-market financing transactions with loan amounts of up to US$200 million.
- Representation of real estate company on the modification of a US$145 million loan.
- Representation of a major retailer, a national educational institution and a transportation company in lease negotiations, acquisitions and dispositions throughout the US.
- Representation of a major retailer and a manufacturing company in real estate matters related to Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructuring.
- Representation of client in US$400 million portfolio acquisition of US ski resorts.