Eric is an associate in White & Case's global M&A practice, based in Chicago. Eric focuses his practice on complex business transactions, including leveraged buyouts for private equity funds and domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
Eric also represents public companies, private companies, emerging growth companies and venture capital firms in negotiating and structuring acquisitions and divestitures, equity and debt financings, and executive compensation and incentive equity matters, as well as advising on general corporate governance and compliance.
Representative matters include the representation of:
- Entrepreneurial Equity Partners, a private equity firm focused on making investments in the food and consumer packaged goods industries, in a series of acquisitions, including the:
- acquisition of Grecian Delight Foods, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of Greek and Mediterranean inspired cuisine.
- acquisition of Kronos Foods, Inc., a leader and producer of manufacturing and selling global cuisine, including Mediterranean and Middle Eastern foods, ready-to-eat proteins, plant-based proteins and bakery products.
- acquisition of Daniele International LLC, a branded leader and private label producer of specialty Italian charcuterie and deli meats, including prosciutto, salami and snack packs.
- acquisition by its portfolio company, Daniele International LLC, of Creminelli Meats LLC, a branded manufacturer of specialty cured meats.
- Wind Point Partners, a private equity firm, in a series of transactions, including the:
- sale of Evans Food Group, a leading global producer of branded and private label pork rind products, to Highlander Partners.
- acquisition by its portfolio company, Evans Food Group, of Turkey Creek Pork Skins LLC, a maker of pork rind products.
- Victory Park Capital, a private equity firm focused on emerging and established businesses across various industries in the United States and abroad, in numerous transactions.
- Rotunda Capital Partners, a private equity firm, in its acquisition of Storm Smart, one of the largest vertically integrated direct to consumer marketers, manufacturers and installers of storm protection products.
- Golub Capital, a leading lender providing middle market and late state lending as well as syndicated loans, in non-control equity investments in businesses for which it provides financing.
- Monroe Capital, a private credit asset management firm specializing in direct lending and opportunistic private credit investing, in multiple transactions.
- Aptean, Inc., a global provider of mission-critical enterprise software solutions and portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners, in its acquisition of Lascom, a leader in product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions for the manufacturing sector.
- NICE Ltd. (NASDAQ: NICE), the world's leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions, in its acquisition of Guardian Analytics, a leading AI cloud-based financial crime risk management solution provider.
- Diamond S Shipping Inc., one of the largest publicly listed owners and operators of crude and product tankers, in its US$2 billion merger with International Seaways, Inc., one of the largest tanker companies worldwide providing energy transportation services for crude oil and petroleum products.
- Anthem, Inc. in the acquisition of InnovaCare Health, L.P.'s Puerto Rico-based subsidiaries, including MMM Holdings, LLC (MMM) and its Medicare Advantage (MA) plan, MMM Healthcare, LLC, as well as affiliated companies and Medicaid plan. MMM is Puerto Rico's largest MA plan and one of the fastest-growing vertically integrated healthcare organizations in the United States.
- The founders of MERA, an outsourced product development business headquartered in Switzerland, in connection with the sale of MERA International Ltd. to Orion Business Innovation, a portfolio company of One Equity Partners, a leading US-based private equity firm.
- Alliant Insurance Services and Stone Point Capital LLC in connection with a preferred equity offering to various co-investors and a preferred equity repurchase from Alliant Insurance Services' majority preferred equity holder.
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings (Nasdaq: VIH), a SPAC sponsored by Victory Park Capital, in its US$2.1 billion business combination with Bakkt Holdings, a digital asset marketplace.
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings II (Nasdaq: VPCB), a SPAC sponsored by Victory Park Capital, in its US$2.5 billion business combination with FinAccel, the parent of artificial intelligence-enabled digital consumer credit platform Kredivo.
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings III, Inc. (NYSE: VPCC), a SPAC sponsored by Victory Park Capital, in its US$4 billion business combination with Dave Inc., a financial platform.
- CM Life Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ: CMLF), a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of Casdin Capital, LLC and Corvex Management LP, in its US$2 billion business combination with Mount Sinai Genomics, Inc. d/b/a Sema4.
- CM Life Sciences II Inc. (NASDAQ: CMII), a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of Casdin Capital, LLC and Corvex Management LP, in its US$1.23 billion business combination with SomaLogic, Inc., a protein biomarker discovery and clinical diagnostics company.
- CM Life Sciences III Inc. (NASDAQ: CMLT), a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of Casdin Capital, LLC and Corvex Management LP, in its US$3.65 billion business combination with EQRx, Inc., a pharmaceutical company committed to developing and delivering new medicines to patients at lower prices.
- Graf Industrial Corp. (NYSE: GRAF), a SPAC, in its US$1.8 billion business combination with Velodyne LiDAR, Inc., a developer of Lidar Technology for corporate and consumer markets.
- dMY Technology Group Inc. (NYSE: DMYT), a SPAC, in its US$1.78 billion business combination with Rush Street Interactive, LP, a US-based online casino and sports betting company.
- dMY Technology Group, Inc. II (NYSE: DMYD), a SPAC, in its US$1.68 billion business combination with UK-based Genius Sports Group.
- SES Holdings Pte. Ltd., a developer and manufacturer of high-performance hybrid lithium-metal rechargeable batteries for electric vehicles, in its US$3.6 billion business combination with Ivanhoe Capital Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: IVAN), a SPAC focused on electrification of society and industry.
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings (Nasdaq: VIH), a SPAC, sponsored by Victory Park Capital, in its US$200 million IPO.
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings II (Nasdaq: VPCB), a SPAC, sponsored by Victory Park Capital, in its US$225 million IPO.
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings III, Inc. (Nasdaq: VPCC), a SPAC, sponsored by Victory Park Capital, in its US$225 million IPO.
- Galaxy Digital Capital Management LP, a global investment management company focused on digital assets, in various investments in emerging growth companies.
- Schneider Electric Foundries LLC, in various investments in emerging growth companies.
- Vale S.A., in its investment in Boston Metal, which specializes in the industrial-scale deployments of molten oxide electrolysis (MOE) technology. This investment was Vale S.A.'s first growth equity investment in the United States.
- SES Holdings Pte. Ltd., a developer and manufacturer of high-performance hybrid lithium-metal rechargeable batteries for electric vehicles, in various equity financing rounds.