Fergus is a partner in White & Case's Banking Group in London. Fergus advises international private credit funds and a range of alternative capital providers investing across the capital structure in both performing and stressed or distressed situations. He has specialist knowledge that includes all forms of acquisition financing, rescue financing and restructurings, complex cross-border special situations lending, with a particular focus on junior capital investment including holdco PIK, private high-yield and preferred equity financings.
Examples of his experience include advising:
- Multiple private credit funds on super-senior term loan liquidity financings and basket-fill exercises
- Park Square Capital on the holdco PIK refinancing of Evoca S.p.A. for Lonestar Funds
- Goldman Sachs (through its funds) in connection with a number of private holdco acquisition financings
- Hayfin Capital Management and EQT Credit on the unitranche refinancing of FE Fund Info for HgCapital
- Carlyle Credit Opportunities funds on the private placement of the Unifruitti Group's refinancing notes
- EQT Credit as unitranche provider in connection with the acquisition of Sykes Cottages group by Vitruvian
- Ardian Private Debt & Rothschild Five Arrows as holdco PIK lenders in connection with the refinancing of UK insurance business, A-Plan.
- HPS Investment Partners as holdco PIK lender in connection with the acquisition of Danish metering business, Combell.
- Park Square Capital as holdco PIK Lender in connection with the refinancing of UK software group, Access Group.
- EQT Credit as unitranche lender to Veritas Petroleum Services, owned by IK Partners.