Francesco Mozzone is a member of the White & Case Italian practice. His principal areas of practice are Debt Finance, Restructuring and Insolvency and Corporate and M&A. His Debt Finance experience includes advising both borrowers and lenders in connection with leveraged and corporate financings, bridge-to-bond, sustainability linked and green financings. Prior to joining White & Case Francesco practiced in major international law firms in Milan and London in their finance and structured finance departments.
- JP Morgan in connection with the financing of the voluntary tender offer for all the ordinary shares of ASTM S.p.A. for a total value of approximately €1.7 billion. The aim of the takeover bid is the delisting of ASTM S.p.A.
- Enel S.p.A. and its subsidiary Enel Finance International N.V., in connection with its €10 billion Sustainability Linked revolving credit facility. This deal represents the largest Sustainability Linked financing globally.
- A pool of lenders including Banco BPM, Banco di Sardegna, Cassa di Risparmio di Bolzano, Intesa Sanpaolo, Mediobanca – Banca di Credito Finanziario and UniCredit S.p.A., as mandated lead arrangers and original lenders, and Loan Agency Services as facility agent, in connection with a €475 million term and revolving financing granted to leading European coated and specialty papers manufacturer Burgo Group S.p.A.
- Proma S.p.A. and its subsidiary Proma SSA S.r.l. in connection with two €45 million medium-long term financing, guaranteed by SACE S.p.A. under Article 1 of the Italian Liquidity Decree.
- The controlling shareholders of Esselunga in connection with the €1.80 billion financing for the acquisition of a 30 percent share of Supermarkets Italiani from its minority shareholders. The transaction was financed by a combination of equity funding by the majority shareholders in cash of €100 million and €435 million deriving from the sale of 32.5 percent interest in the real estate company La Villata S.p.A. to a financial investor, and a senior debt facility of approximately €1.3 billion that includes a €550 million bridge component.
- Banca IMI, Natixis and UniCredit as Global Coordinators, Mandated Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners and Green Coordinators; Banco BPM, Banco Santander, BNL, ING Bank, Mediobanca and Société Générale as Mandated Lead Arrangers; and BPER, CAIXA Bank, MUFG and NatWest as Lead Arrangers, in connection with the €1.1 billion syndicated Green Loan provided to .italo NTV.
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Gemmo S.p.A. in connection with (i) a €25 million financing guaranteed by SACE S.p.A. under Article 1 of the Italian Liquidity Decree and with (ii) the renewal and extension of the existing credit facilities for a total amount of €68 million.
- A pool of banks, in connection with the restructuring of the indebtedness of Sirti S.p.A., in the context of a recovery plan under Article 67 of the Italian Bankruptcy Law.
- A pool of banks, in connection with the restructuring of the indebtedness of Gruppo Messina S.p.A., in the context of a recovery plan under Article 67 of the Italian Bankruptcy Law.
Corporate and M&A
- Independent UK investment firm Peninsula Capital in connection with its acquisition, through an investment vehicle jointly controlled by Peninsula and Azimut Libera Impresa SGR S.p.A., of a 75 percent stake in D.M.O. Pet Care s.r.l., a leading Italian pet food and care retail chain operating under the brand 'Isola dei Tesori'.