Germaine Nicole Gurr
Germaine Gurr is a partner in White & Case's global M&A practice in New York. Germaine advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, securities offerings, capital raising opportunities, joint venture and commercial transactions, and general corporate matters. She also regularly advises global companies on legal and business considerations in corporate and commercial transactions, operational structuring and management, and compliance and governance matters. Germaine has extensive experience in the energy industry, as well as the infrastructure, software, information technology, retail, healthcare, education and telecommunications sectors.
Germaine previously served as vice president and deputy general counsel at a global Fortune 500 energy management and automation company where she was responsible for and managed all of the company's corporate transactions and corporate governance matters.
Germaine is listed among The Deal's "Top Women in Dealmaking for M&A" in 2021 and was named "M&A Legal Advisor of the Year" by The M&A Advisor in 2020. She is listed in Euromoney's Women in Business Law Guide and Euromoney's Expert Guide for Corporate/ M&A in the United States in 2020.
- Schneider Electric in the US$2.1 billion (₹14,000 crore) acquisition of Larson & Toubro Electrical & Automation Division (in partnership with Temasek). The transaction was named "Cross-Border M&A Deal of the Year (Over US$1 billion)" by the M&A Advisor (2020).
- Sole Source Capital, an industrial-focused private equity firm, in its platform acquisition of Dallas Plastics, a leading manufacturer of blown polyethylene film with printing, embossing, and other value-added capabilities for the medical, food and industrial end markets.
- Sole Source Capital in its acquisition of Supply Chain Services, a premier provider of automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) and factory automation solutions to customers across North America.
- Supply Chain Services, subsequent to the acquisition by Sole Source Capital, in (i) its acquisition of Dasco Label, a leading solutions provider of custom labels, imprinting, serialization, and barcoding services; (ii) its acquisition of Miles Data Technologies, a leading provider of barcode, RFID, and mobility solutions, and (iii) Coridian Technologies LLC, a labeling, printing and data collection solutions provider.
- Schneider Electric in its joint venture with Huck Capital to deliver energy-as-a-service to owners and operators of commercial and industrial buildings in North America by developing and operating on site microgrids up to 5MWp, representing the client in, among other things, the structuring of the joint venture between the investors and management, the set-up of the management investment vehicle and incentive plan, and the commercial and technology arrangements between the joint venture and the technology partner.
- Schneider Electric Ventures in connection with its investment in AutoGrid.
- Schneider Electric Ventures in its investment in Station A, an entity providing an AI-powered clean energy marketplace that evaluates available clean energy solutions for buildings, enables clients to make data-driven decisions, and sources the best energy offers from its provider network.
- Schneider Electric Ventures in the sale of its equity interest in eIQ, a fleet electrification solution provider.
- Schneider Electric Ventures in its investment in Dash Energy, service provider looking to provide a platform for the purchase and sale of energy.
- Schneider Electric Ventures in its investment in Smart D, a producer of next generation motor control products.
- Schneider Electric Ventures in its investment in New Energy Group Pty Ltd., service provider using technology to reduce energy spend, minimize maintenance costs, and modernize facility infrastructure.
- Schneider Electric Ventures in its investment in GreenStruxure (f/k/a 5D), a company that delivers modular, standardized energy-as-a-service solutions to commercial, industrial and governmental medium-sized buildings in the U.S.
- Schneider Electric Ventures in its investment in @PLINES, designer of asset performance management solutions dedicated to DSOs.
- Schneider Electric Ventures in its investment in Cocoon Care, a computer software provider that provides effective solutions for individual autonomy and a caregiver’s peace of mind.
Representative transactions prior to joining White & Case
- Azelis Americas in its acquisition of Megafarma, a transaction which marked the entrance of Azelis into Latin America.
- Individual FoodService Holdings LLC and its member Sole Source Capital LLC in the sale of Individual FoodService Holdings LLC and its subsidiaries to Kelso & Company.
- Schneider Electric in its US$1.25 billion acquisition of ASCO Power, a leading manufacturer of automatic transfer switches.
- Schneider Electric in the merger of its industrial software business with AVEVA Group plc.
- Schneider Electric in its global reorganization and carve-out of its industrial software business.
- Schneider Electric in its carve-out and US$900 million divestiture of Telvent DTN, a leader in providing information services, supply chain connectivity tools and decision support solutions to the agricultural, energy and environmental industries, to TBG AG, a private Swiss holding company.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of nxtControl in Austria.
- Schneider Electric in its carve-out and subsequent divestment of its transportation business to Kapsch TrafficCom AG for €30 million.
- Schneider Electric in its take private acquisition of Invensys plc., a global automation player with a large installed base and a strong software presence.
- Schneider Electric in its divestment of Invensys Appliance division to an affiliate of Sun European Partners LLP for approximately £150 million.
- Schneider Electric in its divestment and subsequent sale of its custom, sensors and technologies division to Carlyle and PAI, based on an enterprise value of US$900 million, and its reinvestment of approximately US$100 million.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of InStep Software, a leading provider of real-time performance management and predictive asset analytics software and solutions.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of Applied Instruments Technologies Inc.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of SCL Elements, a company based in Montreal that works with third parties in the provisioning of wired and wireless building automation technologies.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of Viconics Electronics Inc., a Montreal-based company that is an industry leader in electronic controls for building automation and energy management.
- Schneider Electric in its carve-out and subsequent sale of its nuclear automation assets to Framatome Inc.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of Renewable Choice Energy Inc., a provider of renewable energy and carbon offset related products and services.
- Schneider Electric in its sale of Conlog, a provider of prepaid and smart meters in the African marketplace, to Consolidated Infrastructure Group.
- Berkshire Partners and Summit Partners in their sale to Harvest Partners of Bartlett Holdings Inc. (BHI Energy), a leading specialty energy services company, providing a complete suite of service offerings that cover all facets of power generation through the entire electrical delivery system.
- Providence Equity Partners in its US$1.2 billion acquisition of Clear Channel Television Group.
- Providence Equity Partners in its US$356 million acquisition of Decision Resources Inc.
- Survey Sampling International in its merger with Opinionology.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of World Endurance Holdings, and its subsequent roll-up of various athletic and triathlete related businesses in connection with the Ironman global organization.
- Advent International in its acquisition of Charlotte Russe.
- Advent International in its acquisition of Aerodom, a Dominican Republic airport group.
- Providence Equity Partners in its US$294 million take private acquisition of Virtual Radiologic Corporation.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of eTelecare Global Solutions through a cross-border tender offer.
- Sigma Alimentos, S.A de C.V. in its acquisition of Mexican Cheese Producers Inc., a manufacturer of cheese and other dairy products.
- AVEVA Group plc in the preparation of its unified global commercial contracting platform across all products and services.
- Schneider Electric in its Rule144A offering of investment grade notes.
- Providence Equity Partners in its joint venture with Goldman Sachs and other investors in The YES Network.
- Providence Equity Partners in its joint venture with News Corp, Comcast and Disney (ABC) in Hulu.
- Schneider Electric Ventures in the set-up and structuring of its corporate venture entity and further advice on substantially all of its venture capital and incubation projects.
Listed among The Deal’s "Top Women in Dealmaking for M&A", 2021
Named "M&A Legal Advisor of the Year", M&A Advisor, 2020
Listed in Euromoney's Expert Guide for Corporate/M&A in the United States, 2020
Listed in Euromoney's Women in Business Law Guide for Corporate/M&A in the United States, 2020
Recognized on the "GC Powerlist: United States Rising Stars", The Legal 500 USA, 2016
Global Lead Program, Schneider Electric, 2014
Best European Legal Department of the Year, International League Alliance-Leaders League, 2013