Jeffrey is a Partner in the firm's global real estate industry group, based in London; acting on a variety of real estate and NPL financing transactions for both the lender and borrower, including domestic and pan-European deals. Jeffrey has worked with a wide range of clients from private equity houses, sovereign wealth funds, private property investors and listed property companies to banks, debt funds, noteholder groups and special servicers on loan originations, secondary market transactions and distressed situations.
This broad client list has given him an all-round perspective and an appreciation of the issues likely to surface in a deal, across a wide range of situations.
He has a long history of working in property finance and combines his financial expertise with a genuine understanding of real estate as an asset. This gives him a head start in such transactions, as he recognises many of the practical priorities facing his clients, whether new money deals or restructurings.
Having practised in Canada prior to re-locating to London, Jeffrey continues to retain contacts and familiarity with the Canadian marketplace. Clients interested in Canada and Canadian companies investing abroad will benefit from his understanding of this market.
- Ongoing representation of a London-based data center operator in financing the development of data centers in the UK, Asia and the Middle East.
- Representation of a debt fund on a £275m holdco financing provided to a UK based hotel owner/operator in connection with a portfolio of 13 hotel-owning companies, all based in the UK.
- Representation of an independent UK department store in the United Kingdom on the financing of a Bond Street property.
- Representation of debt fund on the $230m development financing for a high-end residential development in Dubai.
- Representation of Eurobank on the financing of a Greek NPL portfolio.
- Representation of Archer Hotel Capital B.V. on the financing, circa €400 million pan-European portfolio of hotels.
- Representation of Westmont Hospitality in connection with its participation in a joint venture acquisition and financing of a portfolio of Italian hotels.
- Representation of a sovereign wealth fund on the development financing and investment financing in connection with a portfolio of Dutch residential properties.
- Representation of Kildare Partners in connection with the refinancing of real estate properties owned by Technopolis Plc located in Finland, Sweden, Norway and Lithuania. This involved advising the Sponsor and Borrower group on all aspects of the senior and mezzanine financing arranged by Citi Bank Plc.
- Representation of Westmont Hospitality Group on the acquisition of a portfolio of 11 hotels in the Netherlands under the brands of Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Hampton by Hilton and related financing provided by Och Ziff and Deutsche Bank.
Leading Lawyer, Chambers UK 2020, Real Estate Finance – London
Leading individual, Legal 500 2019, Property Finance – London