Jeffrey is a Partner in the firm's global real estate industry group, based in London; acting on a variety of real estate and NPL financing transactions for both the lender and borrower, including domestic and pan-European deals. Jeffrey has worked with a wide range of clients from private equity houses, sovereign wealth funds, private property investors and listed property companies to banks, debt funds, noteholder groups and special servicers on loan originations, secondary market transactions and distressed situations.
This broad client list has given him an all-round perspective and an appreciation of the issues likely to surface in a deal, across a wide range of situations.
He has a long history of working in property finance and combines his financial expertise with a genuine understanding of real estate as an asset. This gives him a head start in such transactions, as he recognises many of the practical priorities facing his clients, whether new money deals or restructurings.
Having practised in Canada prior to re-locating to London, Jeffrey continues to retain contacts and familiarity with the Canadian marketplace. Clients interested in Canada and Canadian companies investing abroad will benefit from his understanding of this market.
Examples of his experience include:
- Representation of Oaktree Capital Management on its acquisition of Tide Construction's co-living modular tower project in Croydon and associated development financing, joint venture and asset and development management agreements.
- Representation of RBC Europe Limited on the development financing of a built-to-rent scheme in Leeds, UK.
- Representation of J.P. Morgan in its c. £225 million whole loan investment financing of a high-end residential block in Mayfair, London.
- Representation of Investec on the financing of a newly completed PRS scheme at 2 Millharbour near Canary Wharf. The property is managed by Greystar who acquired the development site as part of a joint venture.
- Representation of RBC and certain other lenders in connection with the financing for public takeover by Alstria office reit-ag by Brookfield.
- Representation of KSL Capital Partners LLP, a private equity firm dedicated to investing in travel and leisure businesses in connection with the mezzanine financing of a portfolio of European hospitality assets owned by premium operator, edyn.
- Ongoing representation of a London-based data center developer in financing the development of data centers in the UK, Asia and the Middle East.
- Representation of a debt fund on a £275m holdco financing provided to a UK based hotel owner/operator in connection with a portfolio of 13 hotel-owning companies, all based in the UK.
- Representation of an independent UK department store in the United Kingdom on the financing of a Bond Street property.
- Representation of a debt fund on the $230m development financing for a high-end residential development in Dubai.
Band Three, Chambers UK 2022, Real Estate Finance – London
Hall of Fame, Legal 500 2022, Property Finance – London
"He is an excellent financing partner and is very knowledgeable."
Chambers UK 2022, Real Estate Finance – London