Leslie G. Vaughn
Leslie is an associate in White & Case's M&A practice group in the Firm's Houston office. Leslie's practice is primarily focused on representation of private equity and other financial sponsors and private company clients in complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, cross-border transactions, divestitures, equity financing transactions, joint ventures, bankruptcy and distressed transactions, and related general corporate counseling. Her experience also includes advising clients on the structuring, formation and operation of private investment funds and special purpose, co-investment and other similar private investment vehicles.
Leslie's practice is multidisciplinary and focused on partnering with sophisticated clients on a solutions-oriented approach as they navigate strategically important transactions. She strives to develop long-term relationships built on trust and an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business to help them solve problems in creative and efficient ways.
Leslie serves as an adjunct professor and co-director of the Texas Transactional Skills Program at The University of Texas School of Law. Prior to joining White & Case, Leslie was Chief Corporate Counsel at BMC Software, a global leader in IT service management, where she provided the primary legal support for BMC's global corporate activities including M&A, finance, corporate governance, tax and benefits. Prior to her role at BMC Software, Leslie was an associate in the Houston office of another leading global law firm.
Her representative experience at White & Case includes:
- Representation of Continental Resources, Inc. (NYSE: CLR), a top 10 independent oil producer in the United States, in its US$3.25 billion acquisition of certain entities and assets in the Permian Basin from affiliates of Pioneer Natural Resources Company (NYSE: PXD), one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in the United States.
- Representation of Sixth Street Partners, LLC, a global investment firm, in its US$405 million acquisition of PDP assets from Laredo Petroleum, Inc., a company focused on exploration in the Permian basin.
Her representative experience prior to joining White & Case includes:
- Representation of BMC, a global leader in IT solutions for the Autonomous Digital Enterprise, in the acquisition of Alderstone Consulting LTD, a leading provider of ITSM adoption and modernization solutions.
- Representation of BMC, a global leader in IT solutions for the Autonomous Digital Enterprise, in the acquisition of ComAround, a global software company that helps transform the customer experience with, self-service, and AI and NLP-based advanced knowledge management technology.
- Representation of BMC, a global leader in IT solutions for the Autonomous Digital Enterprise, in the close of its acquisition of Compuware Corporation, a leading provider of mainframe application development, delivery, and performance solutions.
- Representation of a private insurance company in the indirect acquisition of an undivided interested in a coal power plant generation unit subject to ongoing sale-leaseback arrangements.
- Representation of a private equity fund in the first of its kind acquisition of subrogation rights under certain insurance claims related to the 2019 northern California wildfires.
- Representation of Blackstone Infrastructure Partners in its US$3.3 billion acquisition of a controlling interest in Tallgrass Energy.
- Representation of Encap Investments in the acquisition of interests in multiple renewable energy portfolio companies from Yorktown Partners and subsequent formation of the Encap Energy Transition Fund.
- Representation of a private equity fund in the consolidation of four existing portfolio companies including migration of employees, restructuring of employee incentive equity and refinancing of separate debt financings into consolidated facility.
- Representation of an upstream private equity portfolio company in the formation of a drilling joint venture with a third party financial sponsor.
- Representation of Alberta Investment Management Company in its commitment to fund, along with a syndicate of financial sponsors, Howard Midstream Energy Partners LLC’s strategic partnership with WPX Energy (NYSE:WPX) to develop crude oil and natural gas gathering and processing infrastructure in the Delaware Basin.
- Representation of Seadrill Limited and certain of its direct and indirect subsidiaries in their multi-jurisdictional restructuring of approximately US$20 billion of contract and debt obligations. Seadrill's prearranged Chapter 11 cases resulted in the re-profiling of approximately US$6 billion of secured debt, eliminated approximately US$3.5 billion of unsecured bond and contractual obligations, and facilitated a capital investment of more than US$1 billion.