Licia Mongiello is an associate in the Milan office. Licia regularly assists domestic and foreign banks, asset managers, insurance companies, non-banking financial intermediaries and other regulated entities operating in Italy, with respect to a broad spectrum of matters related to their day-to-day activities, extraordinary transactions, as well as supports in the structuring of the operational model and assistance in authorization procedures before any competent Italian and EU Supervisory Authority. She also advices domestic asset managers in relation to the set-up of private equity, private debt, venture capital and real estate alternative investment funds (either in contractual or corporate form, "AIFs") and in the negotiations with potential investors. Licia assists domestic and foreign investors in relation to the preliminary analysis and assessment (from a regulatory perspective) of investments in AIFs and supports in the negotiations with asset managers. Finally she advises regulated and unregulated "obliged entities" on anti-money laundering regulatory matters.
Licia has been recognized as a recommended lawyer in Bank Regulatory by The Legal 500 2022.
Prior to joining White & Case in 2021, Licia practiced in a major Italian law firm and another international law firm.
- UniCredit S.p.A. in connection with its investment as initial subscriber, together with Illimity Bank, in Olympus Fund 1 and Olympus Fund 2, the closed-ended alternative investment funds launched by ARECneprix and Finint Investments SGR and dedicated to the valorisation of receivables, including leasing receivables secured by real estate and to the management of real estate assets.
- Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena S.p.A. in connection with the U.S. and EU regulatory aspects of its €2.5 billion rights issue pursuant to Regulation S and Rule 144A under the U.S. Securities Act.
- BFF Bank S.p.A. in connection with the regulatory aspects of its €150 million 5.875% Additional Tier 1 notes issuance. The notes have been listed on the MTF of Euronext Dublin and offered and sold pursuant to Regulation S under the Securities Act.
- Intesa Sanpaolo in connection with the financial regulatory issues relating to the launch of a €5.5 billion voluntary public exchange offer on 100 per cent shares of UBI Banca and, in such context, the transfer of approximately 600 branches of UBI Banca to BPER Banca.*
- Intesa Sanpaolo Vita in connection with the insurance regulatory aspects of the acquisition of 50.1 per cent shares of RBM Assicurazione Salute.*
- CDP Venture Capital SGR in connection with the set-up and launch of "Technology Transfer Fund", a reserved umbrella AIF, aimed at supporting the set-up and early growth of deep tech start-up companies.*
- Intesa Sanpaolo and Banca 5 in connection with the financial regulatory aspects of the establishment of Mooney (formerly SisalPay), the largest proximity bank in Italy, as well as the structuring of agreements for the distribution of Mooney payment services.*
- Clessidra SGR in connection with the authorization procedure vis-à-vis the Bank of Italy for the reorganization of the group (demerger of the asset manager into two different asset managers) and with the creation of a new financial group.*
- Anthilia Capital Partners SGR in connection with the launch of an European Long Term Investment Fund named "Anthilia ELTIF – Economia Reale Italia" and with the relevant authorization procedure vis-à-vis the Bank of Italy and Consob.*
- Clessidra SGR in connection with the launch of a credit alternative investment fund named "Clessidra Restructuring Fund".*
*Licia worked on these matters prior to joining White & Case.