Matthew Hendy is an associate in the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group. Mr. Hendy's practice focuses on the representation of private equity sponsors in domestic and cross-border acquisitions and divestitures, including joint ventures and equity co-investments, in a wide variety of industries.
Recent matters include the representation of:
- Harvest Partners in the acquisitions and sales of various portfolio companies and bolt-on acquisitions, including:
- The acquisition of Neighborly (formerly known as the Dwyer Group), a leading franchisor in the home service industry.
- The bolt-on acquisition by Neighborly (formerly known as the Dwyer Group), a portfolio company of Harvest Partners, of Mosquito Joe, the nation’s leading franchisor in the mosquito control services industry.
- The acquisition of Eyecare Services Partners, the nation’s largest vertically integrated ophthalmologic services company.
- The acquisition of OnPoint Group (formerly known as Material Handling Services), the largest US provider of brand-independent fleet management and asset management services.
- The bolt-on acquisition by OnPoint Group Group (formerly known as Material Handling Services), a portfolio company of Harvest Partners, of Metro Door, a provider of 24/7 door, glass and handyman repair services.
- The sale of FCX Performance, Inc., a leading distributor of highly engineered valves, instruments, pumps, and lifecycle services to MRO and OEM customers across diverse industrial and process end markets.
- The sale of Athletico, one of the nation's largest physical therapy providers.
- The bolt-on acquisition by TruckPro, a portfolio company of Harvest Partners, of CCI Corporation, a leading network of commercial vehicle parts and service locations.
- CVC Capital Partners in the acquisitions of a majority equity stake in UnitedLex, a leading alternative legal services provider.
- CVC Capital Partners in the bolt-on acquisition of County Line Pharmaceuticals by Algoven, a portfolio company of CVC Capital Partners.
- Investcorp in its majority investment in ICR, LLC, a leading strategic communications and advisory company.
- Investcorp in its co-acquisition of CVC Capital Partners' ownership stake in AlixPartners.
- Investindustrial VI L.P., a leading European private equity firm, in the acquisition of Jupiter Holding I Corp., a global manufacturer of premium spas, swim spas, whirlpool, soaker and walk-in bathtubs and related bathroom products and accessories, operating under such brands as Jacuzzi®, Sundance®, Dimension One Spas®, Hydropool®, ThermoSpas® and BathWraps®.
- Design Investors WW Acquisition Company, LLC, parent of Waterworks, a premier luxury bath and kitchen brand, in its US$117 million sale to Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc;
Appraisal Risk Back In The Spotlight After Dell, White & Case Client Alert, June 2016, (co-author with Oliver Brahmst)
Debt Financing Risk Allocation in US Sponsor-Led Acquisitions: A Short History and Primer, Euromoney's Banking Finance and Transactional Expert Guide, 2012, (co-author with Oliver Brahmst)