Matthew Hendy is a partner in the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group. Mr. Hendy's practice focuses on the representation of private equity sponsors in domestic and cross-border acquisitions and divestitures, including joint ventures and equity co-investments, in a wide variety of industries.
Recent matters include the representation of:
B. Riley Principal Merger Corp. II, a SPAC, in its US$550 million business combination with Eos Energy Services LLC, a leading manufacturer of zinc hybrid cathode battery energy storage systems.
Harvest Partners in the acquisitions and sales of various portfolio companies and bolt-on acquisitions, including:
- An investment in MRI Software, a leading provider of real estate management software solutions globally
- An investment by its portfolio company, MRI Software, in its acquisition of Castleton Technology Plc, a leading provider of specialist software and services to the social housing sector in the United Kingdom.
- The sale of TruckPro Holding Corp., one of the nation's largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, to an affiliate of Platinum Equity.
- The acquisition of Neighborly (formerly known as the Dwyer Group), a leading franchisor in the home service industry.
- The bolt-on acquisition by Neighborly (formerly known as the Dwyer Group), a portfolio company of Harvest Partners, of Mosquito Joe, the nation's leading franchisor in the mosquito control services industry.
- The sale of Neighborly, a holding company of 21 service brands focused on repairing, maintaining and enhancing consumers' homes and businesses via various online platforms, to KKR.
- The acquisition of Eyecare Services Partners, the nation's largest vertically integrated ophthalmologic services company.
- The acquisition of OnPoint Group (formerly known as Material Handling Services), the largest US provider of brand-independent fleet management and asset management services.
- The bolt-on acquisition by OnPoint Group (formerly known as Material Handling Services), a portfolio company of Harvest Partners, of Metro Door, a provider of 24/7 door, glass and handyman repair services.
- The sale of FCX Performance, Inc., a leading distributor of highly engineered valves, instruments, pumps, and lifecycle services to MRO and OEM customers across diverse industrial and process end markets.
- The sale of Athletico, one of the nation's largest physical therapy providers.
- The bolt-on acquisition by TruckPro, a portfolio company of Harvest Partners, of CCI Corporation, a leading network of commercial vehicle parts and service locations.
PRO Unlimited Global Solutions Inc., a leader in contingent workforce management solutions and jointly held portfolio company of Harvest Partners, LP and Investcorp International, Inc., in the sale of PRO Unlimited to EQT.
Neighborly, the world's largest franchisor of home service brands and a portfolio company of Harvest Partners, LP, in its acquisition of Precision Door Service, the leading garage door repair franchise in the United States.
CVC Capital Partners in the acquisitions and sales of various portfolio companies and bolt-on acquisitions, including:
- The acquisition of Vitech Systems Group, a leading provider of cloud-based financial administration solutions.
- The acquisitions of a majority equity stake in UnitedLex, a leading alternative legal services provider.
- The bolt-on acquisition of County Line Pharmaceuticals by Algoven, a portfolio company of CVC Capital Partners.
- in its majority investment in ICR, LLC, a leading strategic communications and advisory company.
- in its co-acquisition of CVC Capital Partners' ownership stake in AlixPartners.
- in its acquisition of Multivision, LLC, an IT solutions and training provider.
Diamond S Shipping Inc., one of the largest publicly listed owners and operators of crude and product tankers, in its US$2 billion merger with International Seaways, Inc., one of the largest tanker companies worldwide providing energy transportation services for crude oil and petroleum products.
Quad-C Management, Inc. in its US$1.2 billion sale of AIT Worldwide Logistics Holdings, Inc., a leading global provider of transportation and logistics solutions, to The Jordan Company.
I Squared Capital Advisors (US) LLC in its acquisition of Star Leasing, a leading trailer lessor in the United States.
I Squared Capital Advisors and its portfolio company American Intermodal Management (AIM) in a joint venture with Castle & Cooke Investments and its portfolio company Flexi-Van Leasing, whereby AIM combined with Flexi-Van, the third largest marine chassis provider in the United States.
Investindustrial VI L.P., a leading European private equity firm, in the acquisition of Jupiter Holding I Corp., a global manufacturer of premium spas, swim spas, whirlpool, soaker and walk-in bathtubs and related bathroom products and accessories, operating under such brands as Jacuzzi®, Sundance®, Dimension One Spas®, Hydropool®, ThermoSpas® and BathWraps®.
Design Investors WW Acquisition Company, LLC, parent of Waterworks, a premier luxury bath and kitchen brand, in its US$117 million sale to Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc.
Co-author, " Appraisal Risk Back In The Spotlight After Dell", White & Case Client Alert (With Oliver Brahmst), June 2016
Co-author, "Debt Financing Risk Allocation in US Sponsor-Led Acquisitions: A Short History and Primer," Euromoney's Banking Finance and Transactional Expert Guide, 2012 (with Oliver Brahmst)