Ted Seeger is an associate based in the Firm's Houston office. He represents strategic and financial clients in a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, capital commitments, equity investments, commercial agreements, cross-border transactions, and corporate governance matters. His experience includes transactions in the upstream, midstream, and downstream energy sectors, and in the technology, manufacturing, and distribution industries.
- Representation of Beal Bank in connection with an amendment to its senior secured loan to U.S. Well Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: USWS) in which Beal Bank agreed to suspend scheduled principal and interest payments for 24 months in exchange for an extension fee consisting of certain common and preferred equity securities, together with US$20M in cash raised in the issuance of Series B Redeemable Convertible Preferred Stock of USWS through a private placement with institutional investors.
- Representation of OpenText Corp. (Nasdaq: OTEX, TSE: OTEX), a Canadian seller and developer of enterprise information management software and one of Canada's largest software companies, in its US$75 million acquisition of XMedius, a provider of secure information exchange and unified communication solutions with locations in the United States, Canada and Europe.
- Representation of IMM Investment Corp. and a consortium of Korean lenders and institutional investors in connection with their purchase of US$300 million of perpetual preferred equity of, and in providing US$530 million in senior secured term loan and revolving credit financing to, Midcoast Energy Holdings, a portfolio company of ArcLight Capital Partners.
- Representation of WaterBridge, a portfolio company of Five Point Energy and provider of water management solutions to the E&P industry, on its issuance of US$345 million of equity capital through the issuance of US$195 million of common equity to Five Point Energy, GIC and management and issuance of US$150 million of perpetual preferred equity to a subsidiary of Magnetar Capital.
- Representation of Triten Energy Partners, LLC, an energy company in Houston specializing in downstream infrastructure projects, in securing a US$150 million equity commitment from Tailwater Capital LLC.
- Representation of Fortuna Resources MGMT, LLC in securing an undisclosed equity commitment from North Hudson Resource Partners.
- Representation of Jefferies LLC in its role as financial advisor in connection with the following transactions:
- The US$5 billion acquisition of SemGroup Corporation by Energy Transfer LP.
- The US$14 billion acquisition of Andeavor Logistics LP by MPLX LP.
- The US$950 million acquisition of Valero Energy Partners by Valero Energy Corporation.
- Representation of Qatar Investment Authority, the sovereign wealth fund of the State of Qatar, in its US$550 million minority investment in Oryx Midstream Services, the largest privately held crude operator in the Permian Basin, from an affiliate of Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners.
- Representation of WaterBridge Resources LLC, a developer and operator of permanent, integrated water infrastructure networks, in connection with numerous acquisitions and commercial arrangements, including the following:
- It’s acquisition of EnWater Solutions.
- It’s acquisition of a subsidiary of NextEra Energy Resources.
- It’s asset acquisition from Concho Resources.
- It’s asset acquisition from Luxe Energy.
- It’s public-private partnership with the city of Fort Stockton, Texas.
- Representation of Five Point Energy in connection with more than US$650 million in equity commitments.
- Representation of the Government of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago in connection with contractual arrangements associated with the Atlantic LNG Project and related upstream oil and gas matters.
- Representation of Milestone Environmental Services, LLC, an oil field waste disposal services provider, in multiple asset acquisitions and divestitures and commercial arrangements across the Permian Basin, Eagle Ford Shale and Haynesville Shale.
- Representation of Ara Partners Group, an alternative asset manager focused on the industrial, chemicals & materials and energy sectors, in its majority investment in Centric Gas Services, LLC, an owner and operator of gas distribution companies in high-growth Texas communities.
- Representation of Recoil Resources LLC, an oil and gas operator the Eagle Ford Shale, in connection with multiple private equity commitments and multiple acquisitions of oil and gas assets in the Eagle Ford Shale, including the following:
- Securing an equity commitment from Energy Trust Partners.
- It’s asset acquisition from Hunt Oil Company.
- It’s asset acquisition from Marubeni Eagle Ford LP.
- It’s asset acquisition from Lonestar Resources US Inc.
- Ongoing representation of Energy Allied International Corporation and Sandpiper Chemicals LLC as sponsors in the development and construction of a 3,000 m/ton per day methanol facility in Texas City, Texas.
- Representation of HIG Capital in its acquisition of AVI-SPL, the leading audio-visual technologies installer, and in multiple add-on acquisitions.*
- Representation of TierPoint, an information technology and data center services provider, in connection with multiple data center acquisitions and in securing numerous equity investments.*
- Representation of COSCO SHIPPING Holdings Co., Ltd. in connection with its voluntary general offer for Orient Overseas (International) Limited for US$6.3 billion.*
- Representation of MVP Holdings in the formation of Great Salt Plains Midstream, LLC, a midstream joint venture with Chisholm Oil & Gas.*
- Representation of Tall Oak Midstream in securing a US$200 million equity commitment from EnCap Flatrock Midstream, and in multiple asset acquisitions and joint ventures.*
- Representation of Marubeni Corporation, a Japanese conglomerate, in multiple acquisitions of direct-to-the-installer auto parts distributors.*
- Representation of KBR Inc. in its acquisition of Chematur Engineering Subsidiaries Weatherly Inc., Plinke GmbH and Chematur Ecoplanning Oy.*
*Matters prior to joining White & Case.