Thomas H. Horenkamp
Tom Horenkamp is a partner in White & Case's global M&A practice, based in Chicago. Tom focuses on mergers and acquisitions and securities transactions for private equity clients as well as a range of US and international companies.
Tom has advised on a variety of acquisition and sale transactions, securities offerings, securities law compliance and general corporate matters. He has counseled clients in a number of industries, including food and consumer products, energy, industrial products, insurance, telecommunications, manufacturing and media/Internet.
Tom is listed as a "Leading Lawyer" for Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity in the United States by Euromoney (2020).
Representative matters include the representation of:
- Entrepreneurial Equity Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm focused on making investments in the food and consumer packaged goods industries, in a series of acquisitions, including:
- The acquisition of Grecian Delight Foods, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of Greek and Mediterranean inspired cuisine.
- The acquisition of Kronos Foods, Inc., a leader and producer of manufacturing and selling global cuisine, including mediterranean and middle eastern foods, ready-to-eat proteins, plant-based proteins and bakery products.
- The acquisition of Daniele International, LLC, a branded leader and private label producer of specialty Italian charcuterie and deli meats, including prosciutto, salami and snack packs.
- The acquisition of Creminelli Meats, a branded manufacturer of specialty cured meats.
- Wind Point Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm, in a series of transactions, including:
- The acquisition by its portfolio company Evans Food Group of Turkey Creek Pork Skins, a maker of pork grind products.
- The sale of Evans Food Group, a leading global producer of branded and private label pork rinds, to Highlander Partners.
- Ubicquia, a leading provider of mobile solutions to municipalities, in its Series C financing.
Representative matters prior to joining White & Case include the representation of:
- Wind Point Partners in the acquisition and sale of Novolex.
- Hearthside Food Solutions in the acquisition of Standard Functional Food Group and Oak State Products.
- The Amynta Group in the acquisition of Michigan Auto Title Services.
- Novolex in the acquisition of the North American Flexible Packaging division of Clondalkin Group Holdings B.V., Burrows Paper Bag Co., Duro Bag, Heritage Bag and Packaging Dynamics.
- Arbor Investments in the acquisition of Columbus Manufacturing, Inc.
- Stonebridge Partners in connection with the acquisition of BrandFX, LLC.
- Wind Point Partners in the acquisition and sale of Hearthside Food Solutions, and Hearthside's acquisition of Consolidated Biscuit Co., Ryt-way Industries, Inc. and the cereals division of Golden Temple of Oregon.
- Arsenal Capital Partners in the sale of Chromaflo Technologies.
- Trivergance, LLC and Falcon Capital in the acquisition of Clarus Commerce.
- Sterling Partners in the acquisition of Kids Care Dental Group.
- Kenex Holdings, LLC in the acquisition of Bubbies Homemade Ice Cream & Desserts.
- Wind Point Partners in the acquisition of Evans Food Group.
- Wind Point Partners in the acquisition of Vision Ease Lens and Daemyoung Optical, and subsequent sale.
- Schumacher Capital, LLC in the acquisition of Heritage Sportswear and Virginia Ts.
- Merger between LSI Corporation and SandForce, Inc.
- Merger between Medicus Holdings, Inc. and NORCAL Mutual Insurance Company.
- Biotest AG in the acquisition of the blood plasma business and Nabi Biopharmaceuticals.
Leading Lawyer for M&A and Private Equity in the United States, Euromoney, 2020