Alexander is an associate in White & Case's Global Commercial Litigation Practice and a member of the London Technology Disputes team, based in London. He has a broad commercial practice with particular experience in financial services, infrastructure and procurement disputes. He has acted for public and private sector clients in proceedings in the English High Court, Federal and State courts in Australia and numerous international arbitrations conducted under the ICC, LCIA and UNCITRAL rules. Alexander also advises clients in relation to alternative dispute resolution methods, including mediation and adjudication.
Select Commercial Litigation Experience
- Representing Meta Platforms Inc. as a member of the team that handles all international litigation for Meta, including matters in relation to intellectual property, hosting provider liability and defamation laws;
- Represented a statutory body in its defence of a high-value public procurement challenge to a decision in relation to the award of a major contract for new trains*;
- Acted for a construction company in its defence of a multi-million pound claim brought by a PFI project company and its third-party claim against the facilities manager under the same PFI project*;
- Represented a developer in judicial review and procurement proceedings in relation to a London borough council's decision to abandon the procurement of a £2 billion redevelopment vehicle*;
- Acted for KPMG in class action proceedings relating to its role as auditor of the Allco Finance Group*; and
- Acted for the Commonwealth of Australia in class action proceedings arising from the escape of equine influenza in Australia*.
Select Arbitration Experience
- Acted for a project company in multiple LCIA arbitrations involving the EPC contractor and fuel supplier in relation to the design and operation of a 40-megawatt renewable power plant*;
- Acted in expedited ICC arbitration proceedings in a debt claim arising under a consultancy agreement. The proceedings involved complex allegations of bribery and corruption and the approach to them in international arbitration*;
- Represented a project company in mediation, adjudication and arbitration proceedings in relation to the design and operation of a biomass gasification plant*; and
- Acted for a project company in a £450 million arbitration arising from the construction of a major gas pipeline and associated infrastructure in Australia*.
* Experience prior to joining White & Case