Chambers Asia-Pacific 2023
“Alexander McMyn is the star partner in the practice – he is very well-known to both PE and lender communities, having previously advised both banks and funds on LBOs across the region. Xander is known for his meticulous focus on ensuring that the interests of lenders are reflected throughout the legal documentation / negotiation process, while ensuring that the ultimate result is one that is palatable to both sides.”
Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2023
Alexander McMyn is the Executive Partner of the Singapore office of the Firm and is a Partner in White & Case's Asia Debt Finance and Restructuring practice, based in Singapore.
Alexander advises lenders, sponsors, and borrowers on a wide range of transactions across the Asia-Pacific region. With more than fourteen years' experience advising from Singapore, he has worked on deals involving a number of jurisdictions, with a particular focus on Singapore, India, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
Alexander advises on a range of financings: clients have turned to him for assistance on acquisition and leveraged financings, general corporate loans, structured and limited-recourse financings, as well as fund-related products and investments related to infrastructure and commodities. As the lending market in Asia has evolved, these financings have often been deployed simultaneously with the acquisition by creditors of equity (or equity-linked) interests – Alexander often works with other specialists on the structuring and execution of such arrangements.
As market conditions have altered over time, Alexander has also built considerable experience working on the restructuring, workout and sale and purchase of interests in defaulted financings.
- Barclays Bank PLC as the original mandated lead arranger and Deutsche Bank AG, Singapore Branch as facility agent of a US$110 million debt financing to a vehicle of Ontario Teachers Pension Plan for the acquisition of a controlling stake in Sahyadri Hospitals Group.
- The arrangers on the US$295 million term loan facilities and an up to US$35 million revolving credit facility to a vehicle sponsored by CVC Capital Partners to finance part of the consideration for the acquisition of a controlling stake in Sajjan India Limited.
- Maxeon Solar Technologies, Ltd. on the issuance and sale of US$207 million 7.50% Convertible First Lien Senior Secured Notes due 2027.
- Byju's Pte. Ltd, a subsidiary of Think and Learn Private Limited on a US$1.2 billion term loan B (TLB) facility, the largest unrated TLB in Asia and the largest ever in India at the time.
- The mandated lead arranger in a US$350 million loan facility to an Indonesian subsidiary of Edgepoint Group, an Asia-focused towers business sponsored by the US$25 billion infrastructure investor, Digital Colony (renamed as "Digital Bridge").
- The arrangers on the US$850 million financing to Centratama Telekomunikasi in connection with the acquisition of PT EPID Menara AssetCo, a subsidiary of Edge Point Singapore which is wholly owned by Digital Bridge.
- Lenders to Macquarie Real Asset and Infrastructure Fund on a US$300 million capital call facility.
- The mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners on a term loan facility to a Singapore incorporated SPV sponsored by Brookfield Asset Management, to partly refinance the US$1.9 billion acquisition of a trans-India gas pipeline asset from the Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries Limited.
- Bank of China Limited Macau Branch, China Minsheng Banking Corp., Ltd., Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone Branch and ICBC International Finance Limited in respect of the RMB2.9 billion acquisition financing for KKR Capital Markets Asia Limited to support its acquisition of a majority interest in NVC Lighting's China lighting business NVC China. The deal won the "Finance Deal of the Year" at ALB Hong Kong Law Awards 2020.
- Pertamina in relation to a €1.04 billion guarantee facility backing its public offer for shares in Etablissements Maurel et Prom – a vehicle listed in Paris.*
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets fund on the debt financing drawn to support its US$1.3 billion tender offer acquisition of a controlling interest in Energy Development Corporation of The Philippines.*
*Experience prior to joining White & Case.
Notable Practitioner, Chambers Asia Pacific 2012 – 2023
Banking & Finance – Singapore (International Firms)