Alexander McMyn is the Executive Partner of the Singapore office of the Firm and is a Partner in White & Case's Asia Debt Finance and Restructuring practice, based in Singapore.
Alexander advises lenders, sponsors, and borrowers on a wide range of transactions across the Asia-Pacific region. With more than fourteen years' experience advising from Singapore, he has worked on deals involving a number of jurisdictions, with a particular focus on Singapore, India, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
Alexander advises on a range of financings: clients have turned to him for assistance on acquisition and leveraged financings, general corporate loans, structured and limited-recourse financings, as well as fund-related products and investments related to infrastructure and commodities. As the lending market in Asia has evolved, these financings have often been deployed simultaneously with the acquisition by creditors of equity (or equity-linked) interests – Alexander often works with other specialists on the structuring and execution of such arrangements.
As market conditions have altered over time, Alexander has also built considerable experience working on the restructuring, workout and sale and purchase of interests in defaulted financings.
- Byju's Pte. Ltd., a subsidiary of Think and Learn Private Limited on a US$1.2 billion term loan B (TLB) facility, the largest unrated TLB in Asia and the largest ever in India at the time.
- The mandated lead arranger in a US$350 million loan facility to an Indonesian subsidiary of Edgepoint Group, an Asia-focused towers business sponsored by the US$25 billion infrastructure investor, Digital Colony (renamed as "Digital Bridge").
- The arrangers of an ESG-linked US$330 million debt financing to a vehicle of CVC Capital Partners for the acquisition of a controlling stake in Sajjan India Limited, a major Indian chemicals business.
- The arrangers on the US$850m financing to Centratama Telekomunikasi in connection with the acquisition of PT EPID Menara AssetCo, a subsidiary of Edge Point Singapore which is wholly owned by Digital Bridge.
- Lenders to Macquarie Real Asset and Infrastructure Fund on a US$300 million capital call facility.
- The mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners on a term loan facility to a Singapore incorporated SPV sponsored by Brookfield Asset Management, to partly refinance the US$1.9 billion acquisition of a trans-India gas pipeline asset from the Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries Limited.
- Bank of China Limited Macau Branch, China Minsheng Banking Corp., Ltd., Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone Branch and ICBC International Finance Limited in respect of the RMB2.9 billion acquisition financing for KKR Capital Markets Asia Limited to support its acquisition of a majority interest in NVC Lighting's China lighting business NVC China. The deal won the "Finance Deal of the Year" at ALB Hong Kong Law Awards 2020.
- Pertamina in relation to a €1.04 billion guarantee facility backing its public offer for shares in Etablissements Maurel et Prom – a vehicle listed in Paris.*
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets fund on the debt financing drawn to support its US$1.3 billion tender offer acquisition of a controlling interest in Energy Development Corporation of The Philippines.*
*Experience prior to joining White & Case.