Álvaro Manzanos is a partner in the Firm´s Global M&A / Corporate Group in Madrid.
His areas of practice include cross-border and domestic private M&A and private equity transactions, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and transactional corporate work for a range of listed and unlisted clients, including corporates, private equity houses and sovereign and pension funds.
Álvaro has participated in many of the most significant private M&A and private equity transactions executed in Spain over the last ten years.
- Naviera Bandama, S.L. and its main shareholders in the context of a restructuring transaction over Naviera Armas Trasmediterranea (NAT), one of the main shipping / commercial ferry operators in Spain. Naviera Bandama, S.L. is the investment vehicle of its main shareholders into Naviera Armas Trasmediterránea.
- Blantyre Capital Limited, a special situations investment firm, on its acquisition of a majority stake in the Spanish transport group ESP Solutions, specialized in the refrigerated transport industry in Spain.
- China Tianying on the sale of Urbaser to Platinum Equity*.
- Merlin Properties on the sale of its portfolio of bank branches and singular buildings to BBVA*.
- Novartis on the transfer to Siegfried of two sites located in Spain dedicated to the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products*.
- CRCC on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Aldesa*.
- Merlin Properties on the joint venture with a US developer of data centers for the creation and operation of a portfolio of data centers*.
- Orient Hontai Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in Imagina Media Audiovisual*.
- Bahrain Mumtalakat on its investment in Premo*.
- CPPIB on the rollover of its investment in Dorna Sports*.
- China Tianying on the acquisition of Urbaser from ACS*.
- Merlin Properties on its integration with Metrovacesa*.
*Prior to joining White & Case.
Chapter for "Anuario Práctica Mercantil para Abogados, los casos más relevantes en 2017" about the demerger as a way of integration of listed companies. June 2017