Andrea Pretti is an associate in the Milan office and practices in the areas of public and private M&A, Private Equity and Corporate.
Andrea regularly assists Italian and international private equity sponsors, industrial clients and investment banks on cross-border and domestic transactions in a number of sectors - including pharmaceutical, financial services, technology, media and telecommunications. He also provides assistance and advice on a variety of matters of general corporate and commercial law. Andrea is recognized as a notable practitioner in M&A by IFLR1000 2022.
Prior to joining White & Case, he practiced in a major Italian law firm.
- Ankorgaz, an industrial holding company specializing in infrastructure investments in the bioenergy and biofuels sector, and Walter Lagorio, an entrepreneur active in the Italian gas sector, in connection with the €46.6 million sale of Biomet S.p.A. to PATRIZIA European Infrastructure Fund II and the subsequent reinvestment by Ankorgaz.
- Snatt Logistica S.p.A., a leader in logistics services for the fashion industry, and Log.Int S.r.l., Log.Int Real Estate and Log.Int 2 Real Estate, in connection with the sale to Hines, a leading real estate investor, of 20 Italian logistics assets located in Emilia-Romagna and Lombardy (Italy).
- BC Partners and SOFIMA in connection with the mandatory tender offer on all the outstanding shares of IMA S.p.A. for a total value of approximately €946 million.
- BC Partners in connection with its acquisition of a 19 percent stake of SOFIMA, the holding company that controls IMA S.p.A. for a total value of approximately €1.4 billion. White & Case also advised on the financing, capital markets and regulatory aspects of the transaction.
- Takeda in connection with an agreement to divest a portfolio of select over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription pharmaceutical products sold in Europe, and two manufacturing sites located in Denmark and Poland to Orifarm Group, for up to approximately US$670 million.
- Takeda in connection with the agreement to divest a portfolio of select over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription pharmaceutical products in Latin America countries within its Growth and Emerging Markets Business Unit to Hypera Pharma for a total value of US$825 million.
- Takeda in connection with the agreement to divest a portfolio of select over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription pharmaceutical assets exclusively in Russia, Georgia, and a number of countries from within the Commonwealth of Independent States, which form part of Takeda's Growth & Emerging Markets Business Unit to STADA Arzneimittel AG for a total value of US$660 million.
- Takeda in connection with the agreement to divest a portfolio of select over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription pharmaceutical assets in a number of Near East, Middle East and Africa (NEMEA) countries which form part of Takeda's Growth & Emerging Markets Business Unit to Acino for a total value in excess of US$200 million.
- Corporacion America Airports in connection with its sale of a 25 percent stake in its Italian subsidiary, Corporacion America Italia S.p.A., to an acquisition vehicle owned by the Investment Corporation of Dubai.
- An investment consortium led by CVC Capital Partners including PSP Investments and StepStone, in connection with the €3 billion acquisition from the Recordati family of the holding company that owns a 51.8 percent stake in the Italian pharmaceutical group Recordati.
- Libero Acquisition S.a.r.l. in connection with the sale of its approximately 70 percent interest in DADA S.p.A., a company listed on the STAR segment of the Italian stock exchange, to HgCapital Partners.
- Infracapital and InfraVia Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of Gruppo Investimenti Portuali S.p.A., a leading container port operator in northern Italy holding majority and minority stakes in several container terminal concessions in major Italian ports.