Ben von Maur
Ben von Maur is a partner in our global M&A and Corporate practice based in London. He is a member of our EMEA Private Equity team.
Ben advises financial sponsors on a broad range of corporate transactions (including domestic, cross-border and global mergers and acquisitions) and equity incentive arrangements.
- Representation of CVC on its investment in Unily, an employee experience platform provider.
- Representation of CVC on its investment in FutureLife a.s., a pan-European provider of IVF and related genetics services, with a presence across eight European markets.
- Representation of CVC's portfolio company FutureLife on its acquisition of the London based Centre for Reproductive and Genetic Health (CRGH)
Metric Capital Partners
- Representation of Metric Capital Partners on its investment to support the acquisition of France-headquartered Groupe GPS SAS, a global leader in the provision of reusable packaging solutions, engaged in the leasing of returnable pallets and crates for packing, storing and transporting solid and liquid bulk cargo.
- Representation of Metric Capital Partners on its acquisition of multiple portfolios of Non-Performing Loans and Real-Estate Owned assets in Spain.
Mid Europa Partners
- Representation of Mid Europa on its €1bn disposal of Zabka Polska to CVC.
- Representation of Mid Europa on its disposal of Norican Group to Altor Equity Partners.
- Representation of Novator on its acquisition of Avantel SAS, a provider of telecommunications services in Colombia, and advice on the restructuring proceedings.
- Representation of Novator Partners on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Nextel Chile (now trading as WOM), a mobile telephone operator in Chile.
- Representation of Play Communications SA, the leading mobile network operator in Poland, and its reference shareholders Novator and Olympia, on ILIAD SA's €2.2 billion all cash public tender offer for all of the shares in Play.
- Representation of Play Communications SA, the leading mobile network operator in Poland, and its reference shareholders Novator and Olympia, on its €1 billion initial public offering on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Representation of Novator Partners on its series B investment in Klang Games GmbH, a Berlin based game studio developing MMO games.
- Representation of Novator Partners on its investment in Machine Zone, Inc., a San Francisco based game studio known for games such as "Game of Fire" and "Final Fantasy", and its merger with AppLovin Corp.
- Representation of Novator Partners on its seed investment in Lockwood Publishing Limited, a Nottingham based game studio developing "Avakin Life".
- Representation of Triton on its £1.2 billion recommended takeover of Clinigen Group plc, an AIM-listed global pharmaceutical services and products company focused on providing ethical access to medicines.
- Representation of Triton's portfolio company ACRE on its acquisition of Feenics, Inc., a developer and supplier of innovative cloud-based access control solutions.
- Representation of Triton's portfolio company ACRE on its acquisition of Time Data Security, a provider of smart work-place products including visitor management, life safety and access control software solutions.
- Representation of Triton on its acquisition of ACRE, a provider of security systems for access control and intrusion detection as well as innovative video solutions with a communication networking and intelligent appliance portfolio.
- Representation of Triton on its sale of DSI Underground, a supplier of ground support products, systems and solutions for the underground mining and tunnelling industry to Sandvik.
Other representative transactions
- Representation of Blackstone Credit on their debt and minority equity investment to support iAero Group in a highly complex transaction aimed at creating a pan-American aviation business, including the acquisitions of AeroThrust Holdings, LLC and Miami Tech Aircraft Maintenance, Inc.
- Representation of various global credit funds on their equity co-investments.
- Representation of Rohlik Group on its €190m series B fundraising round.
- Representation of IFM Global Investors on the acquisition (together with Vitol) of Buckeye Partners' 50 percent equity interest in VTTI, the leading global independent provider of energy storage.
- Representation of Masdar in its acquisition of John Laing Group's stakes in the 149 MW Rocksprings wind farm in Texas and 30 MW Sterling wind farm in New Mexico.
- Representation of Lightsource Renewable Energy and its founders on BP Alternative Energy's investment and the launch of Lightsource BP.
"The London offering focuses mainly on pan-European PE deals, US and Asian mandates are also common, as is emerging markets work."
Tier 3 Private Equity (high value deals) UK Legal 500 2020